A Hard One.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Hard One.....

Here's The Treehouse. It's probably the hardest to assemble puzzle I've cut in a couple of years. I say this before my wife has tackled it, based just on putting together 30 or so pieces as I cut them.

It's 5-ply, 1/4" poplar, 10.5 x 14" and probably just over 300 pieces. It came from a calendar sold at a local arboretum and there are a few other pictures that, should this one be well-received, I'll try in the future.

Have phun..... Carter

That does look challenging.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

That's a great puzzle image, with lots of shadow and light, variations ofgreen, and different textures.

John
      http://www.puzzlesdelmeeple.com

Comment

As usual, an awesome job. I love the image and of course the cuts look first rate!
        I'm so jealous that you are done cutting your Christmas puzzles - I've finished about 30 and am about 1/2 way through. I will need to begin cutting earlier in the year next year...

Comment

now that is something that i would love to have and sneak away into....the perfect studio.......great job and i can see why that would be a difficult puzzle....

bob
          "The Journey is the Reward"

Comment

Wonderful puzzle, as usual!!
            DeWalt 788

Comment

Wow Carter! You put the moves on that one!

That ol' cabin's probably wondering how it's still standing!

I love it!

John
              I've Got A Lot More To Learn
              About Leaving Battlegrounds Alone
              "~~ Molly Venter

Comment

Another hit. Let us know whether your wife agrees. She seems to work your puzzles in record times.
                Bob

Comment

An amazing job Carter , your work is still very eye catching .........your not getting older - just better ......
                  Usually busier than a cat in a sandbox !!!!!!!!!!! MB { Dewalt 788 only }

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Ennobee
                    3-layer sailboat plaque
                    by Ennobee
                    After earlier this year I went through my books and got me a score of images of vintage sailing ships(*), I keep in finding new ways of making plaques with this designs. After trying my hand at segmentation, which kind-of worked, and multiple bevel-cuts,
                    which I still have to keep trying until...
                    Today, 12:23 AM
                  • will8989
                    Reply to Farmers market
                    by will8989
                    I made the first wolf for my grandson’s birthday. I have made 5 more and sold them all! Personally, I hope to never see another kayak again!...
                    Yesterday, 11:21 PM
                  • Ennobee
                    Reply to Some sailing ships for my bathroom
                    by Ennobee
                    Update: I just realized I never posted any pictures of the finished fourth ship. I finished it about 6 weeks ago and have since tried a series of different techniques with some other illustrations from the same book. I'll post about that in a different thread. In the meantime, here is the last of my...
                    Yesterday, 10:34 PM
                  • Jim Finn
                    Reply to Blades
                    by Jim Finn
                    I cut 1 1/2" pine (solid) when making toys. I use an Olsen #7 blade (precision ground). It out lasts others I have tried including Flying Dutchman blades..
                    Yesterday, 10:09 PM
                  • Jim McDonald
                    Reply to About ornament exchange and secret Santa exchange
                    by Jim McDonald
                    Scott,
                    I was shocked, yet most appreciative, of the surprise I found in the mail today. I am truly thankful for the friends I have made on the board.
                    We are a small group, but I feel we all would jump in a second to come to the aid of each other. This is my electronic family.
                    Yesterday, 05:20 PM
                  Working...
                  X