A Hard One.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Hard One.....

Here's The Treehouse. It's probably the hardest to assemble puzzle I've cut in a couple of years. I say this before my wife has tackled it, based just on putting together 30 or so pieces as I cut them.

It's 5-ply, 1/4" poplar, 10.5 x 14" and probably just over 300 pieces. It came from a calendar sold at a local arboretum and there are a few other pictures that, should this one be well-received, I'll try in the future.

Have phun..... Carter

That does look challenging.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

That's a great puzzle image, with lots of shadow and light, variations ofgreen, and different textures.

John
      http://www.puzzlesdelmeeple.com

Comment

As usual, an awesome job. I love the image and of course the cuts look first rate!
        I'm so jealous that you are done cutting your Christmas puzzles - I've finished about 30 and am about 1/2 way through. I will need to begin cutting earlier in the year next year...

Comment

now that is something that i would love to have and sneak away into....the perfect studio.......great job and i can see why that would be a difficult puzzle....

bob
          "The Journey is the Reward"

Comment

Wonderful puzzle, as usual!!
            DeWalt 788

Comment

Wow Carter! You put the moves on that one!

That ol' cabin's probably wondering how it's still standing!

I love it!

John
              I've Got A Lot More To Learn
              About Leaving Battlegrounds Alone
              "~~ Molly Venter

Comment

Another hit. Let us know whether your wife agrees. She seems to work your puzzles in record times.
                Bob

Comment

An amazing job Carter , your work is still very eye catching .........your not getting older - just better ......
                  Usually busier than a cat in a sandbox !!!!!!!!!!! MB { Dewalt 788 only }

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• jim_mex
                    Reply to My first decent furniture project - Welding and woodwork combined
                    by jim_mex
                    Betty - Norma is 5ft 1", her sister who lives next door and often eats with us is 5ft 3". Their father who is recovering from recent knee surgery and staying with us at the moment is also about 5ft 3". I'm almost 5ft 11". You see my dilema!

As to high cupboards. Making...
                    Today, 09:44 AM
                  • jim_mex
                    Reply to Turning to something new
                    by jim_mex
                    Thanks Tony for the safety advice. Being one eyed these days I am definitely going to be taking extra care to wear suitable face protection. As to the safety videos, yes, I've already checked out several and pulled up a lot of very useful information. Whilst I've never turned wood before as a practising...
                    Today, 08:39 AM
                  • tgiro01
                    Reply to Turning to something new
                    by tgiro01
                    Betty - yes my design. I'm editing the video I made while making the feature ring.

Jim - I know I'm preaching to a member of the choir, but, please watch some of the Youtube videos on wood turning safety. There's a dozen or so of them out there. There are three words you'll hear a lot --...
                    Today, 08:12 AM
                  • jim_mex
                    Reply to My first decent furniture project - Welding and woodwork combined
                    by jim_mex
                    Hi Linda - thanks for the comments on the welds. It took me an hour or so to get into the swing of MIG wire welding but I really like it in preference to stick welding especially for welding thinner material. I confess to investing in a new angle grinder to help with the cleanup and dressing. I bought...
                    Today, 12:25 AM
                  • keystonecop
                    Bread and Cheese..
                    by keystonecop
                    ‚Äč Scrollsaw Woodworking and crafts Winter 2020 3/4 Cherry. A work in progress. This has been one of the most frustrating and rewarding projects that I have ever done. @Fiona Kingdon is by far one of the great scroll saw artists. Her patterns are not always the type that I like (I like to follow red...
                    Today, 12:08 AM
                  Working...
                  X