Blade ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blade ?

How many of you use the so called puzzle blade?

Me. I use it, not exclusively, but rather sparingly.It, like every other blade out there, has its place. Its a great blade for cutting BBply 1/4th inch thick (or a couple layers of 1/8th inch). Its not a good choice of a blade though if your planning on cutting the 3/4th inch thick wooden standing animal puzzles and things of that nature.What do you have in mind???
    Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Yeah, I agree with Dale. It's designed to be used with 1/4 (maybe even 5/16 or so) or thinner plywood. It's narrow kerf allows for very tight turns quickly. I get about 50 puzzle pieces out of BB before changing blades. With the 5-ply poplar I use most often, I can get three times that.

Carter

Comment

I, too, use the puzzle blades for 1/4" BB puzzles. For 3/4" standup puzzles, I use a #5 or #7 depending on the type of wood.

John
        http://www.puzzlesdelmeeple.com

Comment

I also agree with Dale

Bob
          Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

For me, the puzzle blade have too much drift. I prefer a 2/0 scroll reverse. My puzzle piece is tight and I've experienced a lot less drift. My 2/0 is for max 2 x 1/4" BB in stack. For a 4-5 stack cut, I use a #3 scroll reverse.

2/0, #1, #3 scroll reverse and 2/0 spiral are the only blade I have.
            (oh...I have a strong FD-HD - Heavy-duty blade too ;-)

My 2 cent
            Last edited by mels33; 11-10-2011, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Here is the tutorial from Carter; and also a video;

Carter is the man about puzzles.
              FD Mike
              SD Mike

Comment

Mel,
                I tried the 2/0 but didn't get the fit I wanted. I guess that shows that we each have our own technique that works for us. Maybe I will go back and try the 2/0 again. I do know I would never try to stack cut with the puzzle blade except for children's puzzles.
                Bob

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X