Polka-Dot Roof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polka-Dot Roof

I've cut a couple puzzles from these calendar pictures before,. This one I tried to cut through the centers of the heavy black lines between colors. In a couple of spots, it was tricky to put together the 40 or so pieces I had just cut, so we'll see how Jean likes it (she's ahead of me now so she's assembling an old one).

I continue to find that, as I age, my pieces get larger, even though my eyesight remains the same. This one measures over a square foot and yet has only 263 pieces. Five years ago it would probably have been a hundred more. I kind of like them better this way - easier to handle.

Have phun..... Carter

Last edited by Carter-Johnson; 10-21-2011, 10:33 AM.

A Great puzzle!
    You seem to come up with the best calender pictures.

It's all fun
    Terry
    Craftsman 18"
    Delta 46-460 lathe

https://www.facebook.com/SillyLillyBowsAndMore

Comment

Calendars.com had a 1/2 off sale yesterday with free shipping. I did not get my e-mail until this morning...LOL Oh well I have about 10 calenders sitting here now.

Nice job Carter. I like this one. Maybe the eyesight is not the issue, perhaps it is reaction time? I have the same thing going on.
      "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
      Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

very nice cutting......and i love the way you cut it...i know what you mean about the eyesight.......8 years ago i didn't wear glasses...now i wear them everyday.....when i take them off i still think i can see 20/20...at least the distant objects!!!...LOL...

bob
        "The Journey is the Reward"

Comment

I like it - but I like all your puzzles!
          DeWalt 788

Comment

I did very small pieces early on but they seemed to be too small for many of my friends to handle easily just as you described. I now only do the smaller pieces if requested.
            Bob

Comment

Really well done as always, Carter!
              Shawn Ferguson

Come visit at The Ferguson Puzzle Company !

Comment

Hi Carter, I love it! I'm still getting the hang of color cutting, it doesn't come naturally to me but I try to incorporate some color cuts in each of my puzzles...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                  Reply to My lucky day!
                  by will8989
                  Being a diet controlled type 2 diabetic, I check my glucose. Checked before my shot on Tuesday it was fine. Checked on Wednesday after a morning walk expecting to see less than 100 and about fainted when it read 158. Every check has been 150 or more since then. Started reading and yes, the shots can...
                  Yesterday, 10:37 PM
                • will8989
                  Reply to I decided I needed a challenge
                  by will8989
                  Not yet Jim. The corners of the baskets to appear to be drawn by hand or just a bad copy. The price might go up. Thanks Linda. For some reason I really like doing layered baskets. And my customers like buying them. Bruce read a blacklight shows glue spots. Guess what he bought me from harbor freight...
                  Yesterday, 10:04 PM
                • handibunny
                  Reply to Need advice...
                  by handibunny
                  Jim, if all else fails, try this link://birchbarkstore.com/collections/tree-slices-log-rounds-slabs-tree-stumps

I've bought lovely aspen and Balm of Gilead rounds from this site to use for live edge bowls. The owner, Rene Guay (pronounced "Rainey") could probably fabricate something...
                  Yesterday, 03:38 PM
                • Jim McDonald
                  by Jim McDonald
                  I guess you whipped that challenge.
                  Beautiful work.
                  Yesterday, 02:54 PM
                • Linda In Phoenix
                  by Linda In Phoenix
                  Very lovely. You do great work
                  Yesterday, 11:56 AM