Dog puzzle problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog puzzle problems

My first try om a puzzle, but it doesn's seem to be a succes. The space between the pieces is very big, and therefore everything hangs very loose when standing up. This is directly after scrolling, haven't done any sanding.

It was made on a Drem Moto-Shop 57607-5 with a blade which has 18.5 skip teeth per inch, 0.014 inch thickness and 0.070 inch width.

What is the problem here? My skills? The scrollsaw? The blade?

I think the blade is pretty thick, but the problem is there are no thinner blades available for the Dremel. Any tips or comments are welcome.
    Attached Files
    edited

You should be able to use any blade in your scroll saw. I have a dremel too. It is set up to be able to use pin ends but I use pinless all the time. Just make sure your blade clamps are tight. You can find smaller blades at the home improvement stores or you can order them online. A lot of people here use flying dutchman blades from mikesworkshop.com
    Keith

Comment

Martzy, unfortunately my Dremel does not accept pinless blades. I got the Dremel for free, and that is how I found this site and started making toys, but I am thinking of buying a better one which can cut wood to 2 inches and accept pinless so that I have more options in blades and projects.
      edited

Comment

i use Dutchman with a spiral blade size 0 works for me....

Comment

When you upgrade your saw try FD puzzle blades.
          For your dog puzzle try painting or clear coating the pieces and that may tighten it up some.
          For that type of puzzle I use FD Ultra reverse #3. Make sure your table is square.
          Another Idea you may like. When I make that type of puzzle I make a tray from the piece of stock and some scrap ply. Makes a nice looking piece without adding to cost and very little added work. Just an idea. Rob
          Attached Files
          May the wind at you back .....
          Not be from Lunch.

Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive.

Beauty is in the eye of the BEERHOLDER

Visit My Gallery

Oily's Gallery

http://www.picturetrail.com/oily11

Comment

I use a #3 or #5. I've made 6 puzzimals and they all stand up fine. When I sand them I take next to nothing off the keys and locks. I spray on some poly or lacquer. The fit isn't as tight as a card board puzzle, but they stay together.

Oily, your tray idea is a keeper and looks great.

Comment

Oily,
              I like your tray idea also and will used it on my next puzzle. Where would we be without this group?

Tim
              "All it Takes For the Forces of EVIL to Rule Is For Enough GOOD People To DO NOTHING!"

Saws: Excaliber 30; Dewalt 788 'Twins', Makita SJ401 (Retired), Grizzly G1012 18" Bandsaw

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X