Puzzles in 8/4 Hardwood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puzzles in 8/4 Hardwood

Hello Group. Years ago I used to make some nice puzzles in 8/4 hardwood. The woods were birch, cherry, maple, oak and walnut. The pieces were large and made for childrens hands. I used a bandsaw and some of the small radius turns were difficult, frustrating and needless to say time consuming. I am planning on purchasing a Dewalt 788 so that I can get back into it with more enjoyment than before. I have a few questions and need advice. Can I cut 8/4 with the 788? Can any members advise me if they cut projects of this thickness? Am I pushing the limits too far and should I retreat to a thinner dimension stock? Any guidance would be greatly apprciated.

I moved your thread to a more appropriate forum to maximize traffic and get you more responses to your request/question.
    Last edited by wood-n-things; 09-28-2011, 06:58 PM.

Hi there. Welcome aboard.

You will for sure be pushing the limits on a scroll saw doing 8/4 wood. Most of us use 3/4" stock for our children's puzzles . You can cut 8/4 stock with a bandsaw using a 3/16" blade and can make fairly intricate corners, but that is pretty bulky. Share some pics of your past works and new ones as well.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
    X