Puzzle Idea for Small Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puzzle Idea for Small Pictures

Here's a potential puzzle I will be cutting over the next week or so. It's the idea, I think, that's unique and there will not be much sense in showing the completed puzzle.

These are songbird images I mounted and outline cut from an 8" square calendar. To give you an idea of size, the male cardinal in the upper right is six inches from beak to tail.

Each of these will be cut into puzzle pieces, perhaps less than ten for the yellow finch and up to 25 or so for the female cardinal. I will number the pieces 1 through 13 for each bird, in case someone needs some help. Otherwise, all the pieces will be thrown together in the same bag as one puzzle.

I can see this idea working for other nature pictures and for objects such as different cars. Or how bout different Santas cut from old cards? Anyway, it's a idea for what I think will be a phun puzzle and I hope you can use it somehow.

Carter
    Attached Files

So they are individual puzzles but toss em all in one bag. You are devious...
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

i like the concept....to bad you couldn't scan each image and then in photoshop create a branch where they would sit on.....this should be entitled..."birds of a feather".....putting them in the same bag is a great idea, but skip the numbering.....much more devious!!!!.......later

bob
      "The Journey is the Reward"

Comment

Wonderful idea but somewhat nasty, unless you are a puzzle buff. What does your wife think of the latest way you have for her to solve a puzzle?

No numbers! Bob, you are even nastier than Carter.

george
        A day without sawdust is a day without sunshine.
        George

delta 650, hawk G426

Comment

I have a friend who's mouth would be watering at something like this . . . .
          Don't understand it myself. I like to cut them but I have no patience for putting them together.

You go Carter! I think it's a grand idea!!!
          John
          I've Got A Lot More To Learn
          About Leaving Battlegrounds Alone
          "~~ Molly Venter

Comment

Sweeeeet idea Carter.......will be fun to have everyone sitting around the kitchen table trying to find the pieces for their bird. Love the concept.
            Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Very cute idea!
              DeWalt 788

Comment

Bob, when you print up your pattern, just draw in a branch & you have a perch for the Bird. I like your idea Carter. Let's see some wildlife too. Thanks for showing us.
                PERK

Comment

Hi Carter,
                  I think it's a great idea, and possibly not too difficult! Don't people normally put puzzles together in seperate sections first before assembling the whole kaboodle? But his adds a nice 2 or 3 twists to it.
                  I wouldn't number the pieces - way too easy!

Karsten.

TK Handmade Jigsaw Puzzles

Comment

On the issue of numbers on the back, many suggest not to do it - but I did. It turned out to be a total of 167 pieces. Remember, I cut puzzles for families. The numbers allow a family to give their five-year-old a puzzle of as small as ten pieces to put together him or herself. Everyone else will pay no attention to the numbers.

Phun - Carter

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X