Laminate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laminate

I have a request to do a larger puzzle that I cannot print myself so I will go to a camera shop. I have had mixed results with larger prints in the past since they don't seem to be as robust as the glossy 8 x 12 and smaller prints. I have tried the triply thick glaze also with mixed results. Has anyone tried using a lamintate applied by a camera shop to protect the surface. Any suggestions would be welcomed.
    Bob/BlueJPuzzles

I saw some of the blow up photos that Walgreens is doing now at a fairly decent price. I talked to a customer who was picking up her 3rd one and said they were the best. What I was impressed about them was that the put them on something that looked like a real thin (but sturdy) Masonite board and the size was approaching something like 24x30 or thereabouts.

I would suggest you at least go take a look at the stuff they are doing now. It might suit your needs.

John
    I've Got A Lot More To Learn
    About Leaving Battlegrounds Alone
    "~~ Molly Venter

Comment

I have my larger photos printed at Costco. Their prices are reasonable. I don't use their in-store printing, which is ink-jet based. I use their online service which uses laser-based equipment. The laser printing is less prone to scuffing than the ink-jet printing is. I have not found the need to protect the image with a clear finish or laminate, but I guess it wouldn't hurt.
      Ron
      www.turtleteasers.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• MidMich324
        Reply to hegner 2"
        by MidMich324
        Just Wondering...

Is the table size on the 22" hegner saw as on the 18" hegner saw?

With the 22" inch one you get 4 more inches of depth of cut but do you also get a few more inches of table?
        Today, 09:30 PM
      • will8989
        Reply to Spring Issue
        by will8989
        I had to fool around with copying and taping a pattern again today. This wasn’t as bad as the fish, but still a pain. I use rapid resizer. Scan a pattern, put in size I want and it prints it out. If more than one page, it numbers each page at the top and I tape them together. Had the fish pattern...
        Today, 09:28 PM
      • millwab
        Reply to Peanuts #1
        by millwab
        Rolf, I cover it with clear contact paper (comes off clean without leaving a residue) and draw a grid for the direction I want to cut (ie horizontal or diagonal) to keep the rows even. The rest is all freehand....
        Today, 02:51 PM
      • Don in Brooklin On
        Reply to Spring Issue
        by Don in Brooklin On
        Rolf

I use acrobat reader. The poster feature will enlarge and if it goes to multiple pages it will put in cut marks. Even if the page is over letter size it will spread to multiple pages at 100%.

If it is in PDF form you can open with Inkscape or GIMP and select what you...
        Today, 01:48 PM
      • theframer
        Reply to YoraHome Laser w/CNC Engraver/Router
        by theframer
        Hi Linda, great find...I think.

Please keep us up to date with any information you receive. I would really like to get into this, but my computer skills are almost nonexistent, I need something that a 74 year old air head 🙄 can figure out. Thanks for sharing.

Rick
        Today, 12:05 PM
      Working...
      X