Laminate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laminate

I have a request to do a larger puzzle that I cannot print myself so I will go to a camera shop. I have had mixed results with larger prints in the past since they don't seem to be as robust as the glossy 8 x 12 and smaller prints. I have tried the triply thick glaze also with mixed results. Has anyone tried using a lamintate applied by a camera shop to protect the surface. Any suggestions would be welcomed.
    Bob/BlueJPuzzles

I saw some of the blow up photos that Walgreens is doing now at a fairly decent price. I talked to a customer who was picking up her 3rd one and said they were the best. What I was impressed about them was that the put them on something that looked like a real thin (but sturdy) Masonite board and the size was approaching something like 24x30 or thereabouts.

I would suggest you at least go take a look at the stuff they are doing now. It might suit your needs.

John
    I've Got A Lot More To Learn
    About Leaving Battlegrounds Alone
    "~~ Molly Venter

Comment

I have my larger photos printed at Costco. Their prices are reasonable. I don't use their in-store printing, which is ink-jet based. I use their online service which uses laser-based equipment. The laser printing is less prone to scuffing than the ink-jet printing is. I have not found the need to protect the image with a clear finish or laminate, but I guess it wouldn't hurt.
      Ron
      www.turtleteasers.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Misouri Wayne
        Reply to Old & New
        by Misouri Wayne
        Very nice tribute. Thanks for sharing.
        Today, 06:55 PM
      • will8989
        Reply to Festool vac and Pegas scroll saw
        by will8989
        Jo, when I got my hegner long ago it had a light with it. In the back of the light was an outlet for the footpedal. I put in a 3 prong plug and plugged in my footpedal and vacuum. Ran great for 15 years. A few years ago the outlet on the lamp died and my footpedal at the same time. I had to replace...
        Today, 01:27 PM
      • will8989
        Reply to Old & New
        by will8989
        I got chills reading that. A treasure for a lifetime.
        Today, 12:01 PM
      • will8989
        Birthday presents for grandkids
        by will8989
        Conversation with Bruce. I need some beads for the dream catchers. Bruce - let me go look through my stash. I have what you need. Me - of course you do. When I first started doing shows, Bruce would go and make dreamcatcher earrings and other jewelry. He was quite good at it. Of course he was. He kept...
        Today, 11:59 AM
      • Jo Labre
        Reply to Festool vac and Pegas scroll saw
        by Jo Labre
        The saw was plugged into a Festool Midi vac, which was plugged directly into a wall outlet.

Rolf, could you explain your setup again? It appears your saw is plugged into foot switch which is plugged into outlet strip. Where does the Festool fit? Does it turn on when saw starts if it is...
        Today, 10:02 AM
      Working...
      X