Some stand up puzzles finished

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some stand up puzzles finished

I made four stand up puzzles from Peterson patterns: Unicorn, Butterfly, Golden Retriever, Cow. Then I tried my hand at creating a stand up name puzzle which was part of a birthday gift for our daughter's friend.

I used a FD UR #3, since I liked the tighter fit of the pieces and how much faster it cuts than the #5 or #7 (I get a little impatient when cutting).

I sanded the edges with a sanding mop, but I still need to break it in a lot. I'm not able to get into some of the smaller inside areas without sanding too much off the outer parts. I'm also wearing leather gloves which is saving my skin from being sanded off (happened the first time and I didn't realize it until later), but I'm developing some small holes in the finger tips. It's also hard to hold some of the smaller pieces and not have them go flying. Any recommendations and advice would be much appreciated.

For the name puzzle I used Hobo font which was recommended by a few members here (thank you!) and used Photoshop to join the letters and make them fuller.
    Attached Files

Very well done on all of them.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

They are very nice.
      DeWalt 788

Comment

great job!!.......I like the font choice for the name puzzle...

bob
        "The Journey is the Reward"

Comment

I like all of them. I have only used puzzle blades to date except for cutting the outside of a puzzle. I would have thought the #3 blade would have cut slower than the #5 or #7 based on the simple thought that the smaller blade would not cut as fast.
          Bob

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Chuck Hans
            Reply to Big week here
            by Chuck Hans
            Congrats on all accounts,
            I have been retired for 21 years and have no regrets. Hope you and your family take full advantage of the well earned time
            Yesterday, 08:51 PM
          • cwmagee
            Reply to New PC keyboard has an error
            by cwmagee
            Jim,

Should you ever get bored, you may have found a new retirement/career "Key Board Repair Service"
            Yesterday, 03:36 PM
          • Sandy Oaks
            Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
            by Sandy Oaks
            So true about letting the blade do to cutting....
            Yesterday, 02:56 PM
          • NC Scroller
            Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
            by NC Scroller
            I have made a number of those Harvey puzzles. They are a lot of fun. You really need to be patient and let the blade cut. Even the slightest pressure can ruin your puzzle piece fit. My go to is a Pegas #3 MGT....
            Yesterday, 11:24 AM
          • NC Scroller
            Reply to Big week here
            by NC Scroller
            Congrats on your pending retirement and gaining a new daughter. I have been retired close to 6 years now and I have no idea where the time went. Yes retirement will mean some adjustment but I can tell you it is the best job I have ever had. By the way. If you think retirement means unlimited shop...
            Yesterday, 11:18 AM
          Working...
          X