Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car & Fish

Hello Again,
    Here are a couple new puzzles. I wanted to experiment with color line cutting after admiring many of the finished works I've seen on this board. I'll admit these weren't the best choices for that, but I still had fun.

These are both 7x5 inches printed on Epson Glossy Photo paper. I used 3M spray adhesive and coated it with Gloss Medium & Varnish. They are 80 & 88 pcs respectively.

Comments and criticism welcome!
    Thanks,
    Cristin
    Attached Files

Beautiful puzzles, Cristin....

I like your move into color-line cutting. These pictures may not look like they lend themselves to that style, but the Fish certainly does. There are all sorts of shapes in the water that can be used, and you've taken advantage of quite a few of them.

One of the sort of "myths" people seem to have when they first get into color-line cutting is that pieces should, at least generally, be the same size. Who says????? If you're going along color lines some may be large and some may be rather tiny. If they have to be too small, I've sometimes packaged them in a separate little box within the mixed-up puzzle pieces (as in a puzzle called "Squaw Council" I posted recently).

Good work!!! You family will treasure these for a long time!

Carter

Comment

Great job and love the old Buick.
      "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
      Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Great pics and nice cutting.
        John
        I've Got A Lot More To Learn
        About Leaving Battlegrounds Alone
        "~~ Molly Venter

Comment

Great puzzles and cutting of them. A 1955 Buick Roadmaster. My Mother had the same car and I just loved "borrowing" it from time to time.
          Hawaiilad
          Larry

Comment

very nice job cutting and i love the images.......keep cutting' and keep post in' pics....

bob
            "The Journey is the Reward"

Comment

Nice job, Cristin, and welcome to the forum, also!

Keep 'em coming!
              Shawn Ferguson

Come visit at The Ferguson Puzzle Company !

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                by Linda In Phoenix
                It was a tough choice on the miter gauges---based on recommendations here. I researched the Kreg and the Incra. They were pretty much tied. I let fate decide it. Went into my nearest 2 hardwood stores. #1 sold Kreg, but they were out of stock and didn't know when an order would come in that...
                Today, 06:47 PM
              • Linda In Phoenix
                Reply to Plastic puzzle
                by Linda In Phoenix
                Nice puzzle. Go for the gusto---scroll it next time!! Several of the quality brands of blades make blades just for acrylics. With a sharp blade and the right speed it's all good.
                Today, 06:38 PM
              • Jim Finn
                Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                by Jim Finn
                The fees here in Lubbock Texas are $45 per year plus $15 per 10' x 10' space each Saturday that I show up. . Crafters are limited to number and type (to avoid duplication, competition) Any kind of set up allowed, meaning, tent or truck or trailer. No insurance requirements, just a sellers permit from...
                Today, 04:48 PM
              • MidMich324
                Reply to Plastic puzzle
                by MidMich324
                Using Corel Draw a 10 inch round acrylic jigsaw puzzle was created. It was the cut on an Epilog Laser. Two passes were used to cut thru 1/4 acrylic so as not to melt the plastic. Only one person has put it together so far. It is about 475 pieces. But would really like to try and cut one by...
                Today, 03:57 PM
              • RJweb
                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                by RJweb
                As far as the Incra miter gauge, if you keep it 1/4 inch away you will be fine, but you will have to adjust it when doing angle cuts, it’s a great miter gauge, RJ...
                Today, 03:42 PM
              Working...
              X