Pumpkin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pumpkin

lookie lookie im early for once LOL Im putting these type things up all over the house , kids getting into halloween spirit in august whats the world coming to LOL but its come to my conclusion that i make all this stuff for other people and i dont have jack in my own house soooo, im doing some different halloween stuff, this one i did a few weeks ago and just finished up . I have a candy corn and a ghost one done up and working on the rest today. any whoo , just wanted to share something
    Attached Files

Looking good. I like the way you paint your stuff.
    DeWalt 788

Comment

Well good onya for making something for you and yours for a change. Nicely done too.
      "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
      Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Thanks Sally and Mike,
        I have got to where i paint so much its hard to not paint something , plus the only wood i ever have is pine so nothing real special. one of these days i might find something other then pine to make something out of then i'll have to fight the urge to paint it LOL . I have all these ideas now for stuff in our own home, just need to find the time to do it ! I think i am making sundays " us " project day !

Comment

Neat puzzle. How do you keep paint from going over any of the edges? What size blade are you using? You can't see the lines from the cuts in the first picture. Good job!
          Cathy

Comment

Those are so cool Cathiejade, have you seen issue 44 SSWC mag?
            Ramjet (Roger) made some spiders & webs from that issue. Bet the kids would love em.
            http://www.scrollsawer.com/forum/gen...-saw/40220.htm
            Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

I would love to learn more about your painting technique. How do you make it look so smooth and ...well...professional? What paint are you using?

Comment

Cathie, that is so kool. My grandson would love it. I don't have the picture available right now, but, it is one of him sitting on top of a giant pumpkin, that weigh's over 1,000 lbs. My friend grows them for contests each year. If you want, I'll look the picture up & put it on here for you. I like your puzzles & I plan to make the grandkids some for Christmas. Thanks for showing us.
                PERK

Comment

that is nice like the paint to thanks for sharing.
                  merry

Comment

Thanks everyone

Cathy , number 3 fd ur blade for this one. I airbrush all my puzzles now and most of the time can avoid going over the edges on them, sometimes im lazy though lol

Wooddog, i keep forgetting to renew my subscription thanks for sharing those i'd love to make some for the kiddo's !

ubgoofy i'd love to see that pic how awesome ! I'd love to see the puzzles you make the grandkids too

Hammer I airbrush everything with acrylic non toxic paints ( folk art and americana brand mostly ) It took me a while to get airbrushing down , getting the right air and paint consistency is key . a good even smooth coat of primer helps a lot too. i rarely have to sand between coats now and im loving it . I hate hate hate sanding lol. I have found with airbrushing that dark blue's , and reds are sometimes tricky to paint with because they get blotchy very easy , and if you can't fix it in 2 coats your better off sanding and re primering them then to try to fix the spots. they get dark spots that are next to impossible to get to blend back in. For starting out with airbrushing , bright colors like yellow, a bright green are excellant. other light colors work great to , the darker the color the more of a pain they are at times it seems. pastels for example work great . a lot of people say 50/50 ratio of water to paint, i have found this to not be true for me, i go by the way the paint looks , to thick it pools up , to thin it spreads out with bare spots to much . i make it to the consistency of milk almost and that works.

have a great labor day weekend everyone

Comment

Pumkin Picture::

Cathie, this is not the picture that I was thinking of, but, it's good anyway. It was always fun to work with my friend when he was growing them. Did you ever try carving a regular sized pumpkin, so it would look just like a scroll portrait? I did that & was fun. Try it sometime.
                      Attached Files
                      PERK

Comment

How awesome is that ! what a keepsake photo thanks for sharing it ! and i will let you know how my pumpkin adventure goes it sounds really fun to give a whirl !!!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                          Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                          by will8989
                          None Linda. You need to find the right heat temp so it shrinks but doesn’t put a hole in the wrap but the tape doesn’t shrink or tear.
                          Today, 12:20 AM
                        • Linda In Phoenix
                          by Linda In Phoenix
                          What thickness of film seems to work the best for puzzles?
                          The bags seem easier on the surface.
                          But the film seems like it is more versatile on size variations.
                          Yesterday, 03:24 PM
                        • will8989
                          Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                          by will8989
                          Regulations are 150 square feet, this will be 144 square feet so we are good. He’s making it that size Since the sheets are 4’ wide. And the Shelves need to be 4” above my head!! It will be very specific.
                          Yesterday, 10:32 AM
                        • Sandy Oaks
                          by Sandy Oaks
                          As a framer, we have a shrinker wrapper at ArtCrafters. Very simple. Film on a roller, sealer attached, just roll off enough film, seal the film, insert object, seal other end and shrink with a heat gum. We also use Uline as a source. Not sure where our unit can from as it was with the shop when...
                          Yesterday, 09:46 AM
                        • NC Scroller
                          Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                          by NC Scroller
                          I would make the shed 1" less than the size permits are required for. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH SPACE....
                          Yesterday, 07:42 AM
                        Working...
                        X