Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qustion for Carter

Hi Carter
    I see in your tutorial that you do not spray the finish if you have a glossy photo.
    1) Why don't you spray a glossy photo?
    2) Do you spray all other photo's with different finishes sush as a photo printed on matte photo paper?
    All others please join in too.
    Thanks for your help.
    Mark
    Last edited by Markru2002; 08-25-2011, 12:36 PM.
    Proud new owner of an EX-21

WWW.MGMWOODWORKS.COM

hi Mark...i always spray my photos with krylon triple thick glaze spray....for my puzzles i use my own image printed off of my hp printer......i have found that if you don't spray the image it will scratch......you can even use windex on a cloth to clean the image if it has been sprayed....

hope this helps

bob
    "The Journey is the Reward"

Comment

A specific answer to yourt question: When I first started cutting puzzles (18+ years ago) a friend of my son's in California asked if I would cut a family photo. He sent it to me, I sprayed it and the images in the photo ran all over each other. Embarrassed, I had to ask him for another one and I never tried it again.

With a glossy photo, I've never felt I really needed a spray. And the non-glossy ones: I don't make puzzles from them.

I probably could spray them now but I just don't want to risk it.....

C

Comment

Thanks guys. I appreciate it.
        Mark
        Proud new owner of an EX-21

WWW.MGMWOODWORKS.COM

Comment

Not trying to sound like any kind of expert at this, but I find spraying glossy photo's doesn't leave as nice of a finish as leaving it alone. The are fairly difficult to hurt - I even tried nail polish remover on one that I had accidentally gotten glue where I didn't want it. It didn't work, but neither did the remover hurt any of the picture (I figured once I had injured the photo in the first place I'd experiment with the rest).
          Cathy

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X