Double Layered Nativity Jigsaw Puzzle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, everyone!

Bob, just a tip on those snowflakes.....I find that whenever making a perfectly symmetrical Figural, it's helpful to give the assembler a clue as to how it fits into the puzzle. I like to orient those types of Figurals so that part of the artwork shows up on them which is fairly distinctive/helpful. It's not always possible, but I try, LOL. Sometimes putting them in an area where there is a gradual color gradient helps, or in this case, you can see I nicked a part of the letter "O". The puzzler would figure it out by trial and error eventually, but I think this makes it a bit more fun/less frustrating.

Have fun!!
    Shawn Ferguson

Come visit at The Ferguson Puzzle Company !

Comment

Awesome, simply awesome.
      "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
      Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Hello Shawn....This forum is new for me and all of your tutorls are simply put Great. I have been cutting jigsaw puzzles out for years, but looking back they are all kids play as compared to yours and also others in our community. For some reason I really Love cutting curves as per knobs in jigsaws. Designing and making copies for using to cut each out has been my way. I am really interested in (after viewing Carters video) learning the method of cutting each lil piece out free hand. I have been practicing. Any advice would be greatly appreaciated. Thanks for reading. Danny :+}

Comment

Wow Shawn. I love it. The layered puzzle is a neat concept and one I just might have to try. Actually have not done much dabbling into puzzles, so this will be an almost new level of cutting for me. I do have a few projects of my own to finish up and then who knows, maybe a puzzle is on the to do list.
          Tammy

Pressure makes diamonds

Comment

Thanks, Tammy! You really should give it a go. Make sure you post pics of your puzzle. I'd love to see it!

Originally posted by danny melton View Post
            Hello Shawn....This forum is new for me and all of your tutorls are simply put Great. I have been cutting jigsaw puzzles out for years, but looking back they are all kids play as compared to yours and also others in our community. For some reason I really Love cutting curves as per knobs in jigsaws. Designing and making copies for using to cut each out has been my way. I am really interested in (after viewing Carters video) learning the method of cutting each lil piece out free hand. I have been practicing. Any advice would be greatly appreaciated. Thanks for reading. Danny :+}
            Thanks, Danny! I think the key is to just take your time cutting the pieces at first (there's no rush), and try to antipicate, as you're cutting it, how each will lock to it's adjoining pieces. Use plently of tabs, and don't be afraid to experiment with their shapes (sometimes having different shaped tabs can make the puzzle easier to assemble, but also more interesting, I think).

I think the best thing to do if you are starting with freehand, is just get some scrap 1/4" ply and practice cutting out interlocking pieces. The more you practice, the more comfortable you'll get.

Feel free to shoot me a PM on this forum, or email me at [email protected], if you come across anything you need help with!
            Shawn Ferguson

Come visit at The Ferguson Puzzle Company !

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X