Today’s market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today’s market

Was cold, wet, and crazy. They see it, they like it and buy it. People who come out in the cold and rain are there for one reason - to buy! 3 cheese boards left, 4 pepper grinders, 5 candles, 1 wreath, one nativity and some cardholders. Wanted to take pic at the end, but the rain ended and sun came out, of course, with 25-30 wind gusts. PHEW! Time for a nap.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by will8989; 12-03-2022, 02:53 PM.
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Good job Betty, where did you get those candle patterns, they look great, RJ
    Life Begins @ 190 MPH

Comment

That is some great work Betty! Very impressive.

Betty you are blessed to have such markets in your area (as are all others who have them in your area). I have not seen a craft show or market in this area for a very long time. We did one 20+ years ago and I did a horse themed stand about 13 years ago. My wife and I also had some things in a craft consignment shop 15 years ago or so and that is long gone! I am so happy for you!

Karl
      Karl in Sunny Southwest Florida

Comment

They are are Sue Mey patterns. Are there farmers markets near you? This is our weekly farmers market in Annapolis. It runs Saturday Easter to end of December and Sunday year round. A lot of markets are allowing crafters in. From June to September farmers usually take most of the spaces since it is a farmers market. We stopped all other events and just do this market and the 3 day show.
        Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Good for you! We had our one and only in person fair on Saturday. Like you the weather was horrible.! Low traffic but it did pick up a few times during the day. We were down about 5 vendors from previous years for a variety of reasons. In the end we did reasonably well. There were three competing fairs in the village I will be curious to find out how they did. I had another small table with all of the puzzles that I had cut for the FC puzzle book.
          Fair 2022 1.jpg Fair 2022 1.jpg
          Attached Files
          Rolf
          RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
          Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
          Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
          And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Thx Betty, no there isn’t any markets worth while, plus I don’t want a job, it’s just give away to family and friends. Rolf nice setup, your church must be beautiful looking at those interior shutters, RJ
            Life Begins @ 190 MPH

Comment

Originally posted by RJweb View Post
              Thx Betty, no there isn’t any markets worth while, plus I don’t want a job, it’s just give away to family and friends. Rolf nice setup, your church must be beautiful looking at those interior shutters, RJ
              RJ actually that room was an add on to our sanctuary it was meant to be a Gym and the shutters where to protect the windows. I has never seen a basketball since it was built in 2001. Our pre school uses it and we use it for many events plus we rent it out for private use.
              Rolf
              RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
              Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
              Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
              And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Rolf, on your second picture did you resize O Holy Night or was that the angle of the camera? How did you carve the bowl behind it? A little birdie told me I was getting the rest of what I need so I can do bowl and spoon carving. Actually, I told the bird what I needed/wanted. Your work is amazing.
                Betty

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
                  Reply to Harbor Fraught
                  by Rolf
                  I did not read the fine print, actually not that fine. when I went to buy my new compressor for 25% off (not). That would have been nice, but I am still happy with my purchase. Although I have not used it yet as my garage is rather cold.
                  7 deg this morning 50's tomorrow
                  Today, 09:22 AM
                • Jimern
                  Reply to Harbor Fraught
                  by Jimern
                  Some manufacturers will restrict items for resale to a certain price or basement price. And in some cases will only sell with the agreement of no discounts allowed.

And then there is margin, the retailer needs to make a certain amount of money on all sales.​
                  Today, 09:20 AM
                • Rolf
                  Reply to Pegas Scroll Saw speed changes randomly
                  by Rolf
                  Have you had big temperature swings in the shop? My first thought is something binding. I fix all of my own stuff and don't hesitate to take things apart to try and isolate where the issue is.
                  That said at only two years old I would contact Denny and see if he can direct you to a Pegas tech center....
                  Today, 09:15 AM
                • NC Scroller
                  Reply to Pegas Scroll Saw speed changes randomly
                  by NC Scroller
                  Welcome. Could be a number of things. I would call Denny at Art Crafters of Dayton or Ray at Seyco. Both numbers can be found on the internet.
                  Today, 06:47 AM
                • NC Scroller
                  Reply to Question about tilting head saws
                  by NC Scroller
                  I still use my factory dust collector on my pre Chinese Ex21. No, not for everything that I cut but primarily for compound cutting where we generate a lot of sawdust. I did enhance my dust collector by replacing the membrane wit a piece made on a 3D printer. The enhancements gives a bit of extra...
                  Today, 06:41 AM
                Working...
                X