Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 day show

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by will8989 View Post
    I found it Scott. Holiday 2004, Advent calendar. Sorry it took so long but I swear there are elves that come in my area at night and just throw all my papers in the air! 🤪🤪
    Those elves are nomadic! They show up at my place just before I really need to put my hands on something I JUST had.
    Jim
    When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
    Too early to leave, too late to call in.

    Comment


    • #17
      I hate doing cardholders. That being said I sell 20-30 a day at the farmers market. When we go to Gruff and Gruff we hit the $1 bin first. Bruce gets 3x3x3’ in cherry, sycamore, walnut, etc. I tried Baltic birch but they just don’t sell. I sell 20-30 a day at the market. I have cut outs both sides. I still use Diana Thompson’s designs and any ornaments I like also becomes a cardholder cut out. Biggest seller is the crab, go figure being in blue crab country as the locals say. This is my display tree. You can see the crab. I have one like it for birdhouses and angels. And the elves are still at it.
      Attached Files
      Betty

      "Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

      Comment


      • #18
        Pricing? What does your area support?
        Rolf
        RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
        Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
        Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
        And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Rolf View Post
          Pricing? What does your area support?
          I sell them for $5.00.
          Scott
          Creator of fine designer sawdust.

          Comment


          • #20
            I sell for $6 only because I get the wood for $1 and use poplar for ribs that Bruce gets at the sawmill.
            Betty

            "Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by will8989 View Post
              I hate doing cardholders. That being said I sell 20-30 a day at the farmers market. When we go to Gruff and Gruff we hit the $1 bin first. Bruce gets 3x3x3’ in cherry, sycamore, walnut, etc. I tried Baltic birch but they just don’t sell. I sell 20-30 a day at the market. I have cut outs both sides. I still use Diana Thompson’s designs and any ornaments I like also becomes a cardholder cut out. Biggest seller is the crab, go figure being in blue crab country as the locals say. This is my display tree. You can see the crab. I have one like it for birdhouses and angels. And the elves are still at it.
              Where do you get the patterns?
              Are you using 1/8 solid wood with the poplar center? All 1/8" ?
              When you tried BB did you stain different colors?

              Have wanted to try these and see a lot selling?

              Comment


              • #22
                I use alot of Diana Thompson, Sue Mey and Sheila Landry patterns, plus one from magazines and old issues of creative crafts. I mainly use BB for backers and puzzle box bottoms. We buy 6/4 wood from a sawmill inPA and hubby slices and preps to what ever thickness I want. $1 bins are a great find for our cardholders for 3x3x3 pieces. The center rib is poplar as hubby volunteers at an antique sawmill and wood is his “pay”.
                Betty

                "Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by jamieline View Post

                  Where do you get the patterns?
                  Are you using 1/8 solid wood with the poplar center? All 1/8" ?
                  When you tried BB did you stain different colors?

                  Have wanted to try these and see a lot selling?
                  Check out this thread:
                  I am looking for the pattern of the gift card holders that everyone is talking about making, going to be giving out a lot of gift cards this year, thx RJ


                  Scott
                  Creator of fine designer sawdust.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by NC Scroller View Post

                    Check out this thread:
                    I am looking for the pattern of the gift card holders that everyone is talking about making, going to be giving out a lot of gift cards this year, thx RJ

                    Thanks for thread. I have seen folks selling these and doing well.

                    Comment

                    Unconfigured Ad Widget

                    Collapse

                    Latest Topics

                    Collapse

                    • NC Scroller
                      Reply to Alex Fox Basket C12
                      by NC Scroller
                      Nice work. I truly admire all the projects that you share and I truly envy the fact that you finish what you start. What is your secret?
                      Today, 07:35 AM
                    • Sandy Oaks
                      Reply to Alex Fox Basket C12
                      by Sandy Oaks
                      Betty, I enlarged the pattern by 30% to fit on 10" square stock....
                      Yesterday, 02:20 PM
                    • will8989
                      Reply to Boys at sawmill were busy.
                      by will8989
                      Thanks, Kim. I'll show that to my husband but since he has 2 surgeries coming up I doubt that will be on his to do list. The place we buy wood from air dries the wood for a year, than finishes with kiln drying....
                      Yesterday, 01:58 PM
                    • will8989
                      Rikon Air Cleaner
                      by will8989
                      Received email from Woodcraft, the Rikon1/4 HP 3 speed air filter, reg $329.99 is on sale for $199.99. Remote controls, timer, 5 year warranty, etc.. Called store, have them on backorder but one is mine as I paid for it today. Will call me when it comes in. Warranty sold me. It is in their sale circular...
                      Yesterday, 01:54 PM
                    • Kim Stone
                      Reply to Boys at sawmill were busy.
                      by Kim Stone
                      will8989, We made a drying kiln out of a plan we saw on youtube. We took a 6-Tier Commercial Grade Heavy Duty Steel Wire Shelving Unit that we got at lowes, wrapped it in 1 inch foam insulation board and put two heat bulbs in the bottom, we have holes at the top and bottom to let the moisture out. We...
                      Yesterday, 01:49 PM
                    Working...
                    X