Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will8989
    replied
    I love the farmers market we have been at for 5 years. The main problem I have in setting up and tearing down is the tables. We have 6’ folding tables and they are so heavy. When I go by myself, which is rare anymore, one of the farmers will hoist them up into the back of the truck. This market is now year round, Sundays Jan-April, Saturday and Sunday rest of year. They are now doing Wednesday evenings to get the work crowd and it’s doing quite well. This one doesn’t do below 45 degs or over 85. We have so many repeat customers, the advantage of being at one place frequently.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Finn
    replied
    [QUOTE=Jim Finn The farmers market where I have been selling for 14 years will be opening at the end of May. I started selling at a different year-round farmers market a month ago and it is working well for me. It is a bit closer to home, cost to set up there is the same. This market will allow me to sell in the months closer to Christmas. (Important to me) My sales this past month are better than the original farmers market by about $100 per sale. Looks like I have found a new home to sell my wares. I will turn 80 this year so I do not know how much longer I will be able to set up at these sales. Lot of lifting is involved in setting up and tearing down each Saturday. [/QUOTE]

Update: I have been selling at this new (to me) market and it is working well for me. Some sales are better than others. After about 15 sales, I sell an average of eight boxes per sale. Always some toys also. Not great but it is worth the effort.

Leave a comment:

• Chance13
    replied
    More power to you. I'm only 67 with spinal stenosis so I can no longer bring my own tables, etc to do set ups. If the place has tables,and a couple I've been to do, then that is a bonus.
    Like I posted in another forum, I recently put some items in a craft shop. It's reasonably priced and gets exposure from the Brimfield MA flea markets.

Leave a comment:

• meflick
    replied
    Glad to hear you have found a new spot and sounds like it’s going to be better for you all around. Wishing your much success in lots of new sales.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Finn
    started a topic First sale of 2022

First sale of 2022

The farmers market where I have been selling for 14 years will be opening at the end of May. I started selling at a different year round farmers market a month ago and it is working well for me. It is a bit closer to home, cost to set up there is the same. This market will allow me to sell in the months closer to Christmas. (Important to me) My sales this past month are better than the original farmers market by about $100 per sale. Looks like I have found a new home to sell my wares. I will turn 80 this year so I do not know how much longer I will be able to set up at these sales. Lot of lifting is involved in setting up and tearing down each Saturday.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X