New season starts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New season starts

We came out of hibernation Sunday and went to our first market. Sure glad it was under roof it rained so hard you couldn’t hear sometimes. But we did pretty good. Here we go again. Another year starting.
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Wish you the best, Betty.
    Denny
    ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Thanks Denny. We are just fill ins until September. Slowing down until then.
      Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Had a fill in at the market yesterday. Only sold 4 items but it was very profitable. Plus a salt/pepper grinder in addition to the pictures. I took a picture of the dragon before I wrapped it for a customer. This is the review I got from her on Square:
        Customer Service, Selection, Quality, Wait Time, Environment, Other
        Betty's work and personal service was, is amazing! Thank you very much for your kindness, and the art that's making our home beautiful.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by will8989; 04-18-2022, 09:58 AM.
        Betty

Comment

First, not a surprising review! You and Bruce do some beautiful work. Lots of questions.
          Who's design is the heart and dragon. Also what did you use for the dragons orb?
          Rolf
          RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
          Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
          Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
          And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

The heart is Sue Mey. I saw someone post a picture of a completed one and asked Sue for the pattern. She had to look for it as it was an old one. Another reason I love her patterns. The dragon is called Kelly’s Dragon and is from an early 2000 magazine of CCW. When I make these I usually have them for months as I price it at $150.00. I have it as an attraction to draw people to check out my table. This one I had for 2 weeks. Rest assured I will be making more dragons as she is a steady customer at the market and collects dragons! This is going as the centerpiece of her collection on the top shelf!

I used a marble I had bought a few years ago. It was supposed to be a clock. But, I met a crafter that does fried marbles. He is on the look out for 1” to 1 1/2” one to fry some for me. Fried marbles are awesome.
            Last edited by will8989; 04-18-2022, 04:08 PM.
            Betty

Comment

Rolf, the dragon pattern is by Dirk Boelman. I saw an ad in CCW, Jan. 1999, for his work with that in it, so it was around that time. If you still have the index someone made of all those issues, can you please send it to me. I lost that in the crash, along with my mind.🤪🤪
              Betty

Comment

I found it Rolf! Kelly’s Dragon. Creative woodworks, February 1997. The mag was on my worktable under some stuff. Imagine that happening.
                Betty

Comment

OK you have me at the fried marbles?
                  Rolf
                  RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                  Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                  Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                  And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

I agree with Rolf.Could you please explain the fried marble?
                    Will M

Comment

Google is your friend! Heat marbles in oven and then dump in ice water to crack or crackle them.

Comment

Hey Betty,

I can send you the index I made a while back.

Karl
                        Karl in Sunny Southwest Florida

Comment

Betty, Email me by tomorrow evening as we are heading to NC Friday morning to see our son in the Asheville area for a week.

[email protected]

Karl
                          Karl in Sunny Southwest Florida

Comment

I’ve seen both fried marbles in the pan and baked. The ones in the pan have more fractures. Clear colored ones are beautiful. There’s Utube instructions to fry your own.

Karl, email sent. Thank you.
                            Betty

Comment

Thank you again Karl. I’ve used it several times already.
                              Betty

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Jim McDonald
                                Reply to Hello from Central Florida
                                by Jim McDonald
                                Used a 788 for many years. It now resides with a crafty family friend.
                                Questions are answered freely around here and no one has any tricks they don't freely share.
                                Yesterday, 09:08 PM
                              • mtwoodguy
                                Reply to Hello from Central Florida
                                by mtwoodguy
                                Welcome! John! From Reno NV. A long time 788 user (I'm94) I'm sure you will get many happy hours from the repairs you placed on the machine.
                                Yesterday, 06:45 PM
                              • John Smith
                                Hello from Central Florida
                                by John Smith
                                I'm 74, retired from the commercial dimensional advertising world. (carved and routed signs).
                                I've always used the Roto-Zip, band saw, or other tools to make my projects. (wishing many times I had a good scroll saw). Well, I finally found an old DW-788 that the original owner said "it finally...
                                Yesterday, 05:51 PM
                              • Linda In Phoenix
                                Reply to What's a good stain product?
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                I use acrylic paint mixed with water to stain when I want vibrant colors. There was an article in one of the issues awhile back where a product called "Unicorn Spit" was suggested for the colors---and many people swear by it....
                                Yesterday, 10:24 AM
                              • Linda In Phoenix
                                Reply to Phone call from son.
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                Oh my gosh Betty....Your son is fortunate to be alive. How badly stung was he by the hornets? Electrical shock is crazy dangerous. Wow.
                                Yesterday, 10:21 AM
                              Working...
                              X