Day 2 of 3 day show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day 2 of 3 day show

Each day started slow than the flood gates opened up! Friday usually a slow day was over the top. Steady, ready to spend crowd all day. Today Bruce stayed home to do some work and my sister in-law was with me. That’s a whole other story. We were packed from opening to closing. Everybody was buying and everybody was selling! Take everything you have. As Bruce says, you can’t sell it if it’s home!

The first picture is Bruce pulling out after unloading Thursday morning. The second is from the other end of the building. There’s 35 spaces per row, each 10x12, with walkways every 10 spaces, in 4 rows. Plus 5 cow buildings, and other out buildings. 300 crafters in all. My side tables, there is one cheese board left, one Oh Holy Night, which is always a good seller, all my Christmas sold, and only a few of the nativities left. I didn’t get a picture of the center table which had 6 salt/pepper grinders, only 2 left, a few baskets, I had to put some more out, my check out area and wrapping behind us. I think tomorrow will be a light day as the Ravens are playing home and it starts at 1. Bruce is going and I’m getting ready for next week-end. PHEW!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by will8989; 11-07-2021, 01:05 AM.
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Congratulations on a great show.

Love the look of the cheese slicers.

I am curious what you get for your cheese slicers in the USA. I am not a seller but have made a few that I am going donate to a fundraiser and they have asked for a price. Our club has done group buys of the cheese slicers as it much cheaper by the 100. The prices being charged are all over the place.

Hope you do well at the rest of the show.

Don

Last edited by Don in Brooklin On; 11-07-2021, 07:53 AM.
    Don McFarland ​Member - Durham Woodworking Club http://www.durhamwoodworkingclub.com/

Comment

Bruce priced them at $35. They are all made from cutoffs and scrap wood. We were lucky to get a bunch at half live. My son called a few weeks ago and said he was near a Woodcraft store, did I need anything. Called them up, paid for them and he picked them up. We had an address in Arizona (?) to order from but I can’t seem to find it. I believe it’s some lady who owns the business. Anyone know it? I will have a final count on the cardholders sold, but yesterday it was 160+. They are truly a love hate relationship - customers love them and I hate making them!
      Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Good to for you! Who's pattern is the simple nativity and Oh Holy night? I guess I also need to make some card holders. If I remember you were charging $6 for those but that was a while back.
        Rolf
        RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
        Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
        Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
        And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

That's fantastic for you on the sales. I have to say that my sales are up too. People are hungry for cool stuff that's not on their computer screen. Internet shopping has burned people out that way. I'm delighted!
          Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Hi Betty

The cheese slicers we get are from https://www.cheeseslicing.com/graters

Our club buys them in 100 lot so they are $3.85 US. By the time we get them in to Canada the cost is $7 CDN. Local retailer sells them to about $18. Go figure.

Glad you ae doing well.

Don McFarland ​Member - Durham Woodworking Club http://www.durhamwoodworkingclub.com/

Comment

Rolf, bot are Steve Good from last year. People love them. I also made the Christmas bell from Sue Mey. I only made one as a special gift for my best customer and she loved it. Will be making more. I did hear comments people like the blue background better because it reminded them of the night sky.

Both my customers and I are delighted Linda. Still figuring out final tally. We were tired last night. Getting ready for this week-end.
              Betty

Comment

Are people binge buying because they can finally go out (at least cautiously) and shop in person? Like a dieter bingeing after the long fast? Sure seems that way. But I am seriously delighted people see the quality and uniqueness of scrolled pieces. Awesome!
                Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

In addition to about 15 baskets, 50 birdhouses and 60 cardholders, this is what I had left from the week-end. Sue Mey’s angel from today’s post is on my saw right now.
                  Attached Files
                  Betty

Comment

People are just happy to be back at shows. Very talkative and my sister in law held up that end very well. When someone looked at the cardholders, she would tell them about the pickle hidden in the tree. Then they would buy more! A lot of impulse buying. A lot of questions happily answered.It was almost like a party people,were so happy.
                    Betty

Comment

Pickle in the Tree?
                      Rolf
                      RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                      Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                      Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                      And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

An ornament hidden in the tree. The finder gets a gift. I believe it’s a German thing.
                        Last edited by will8989; 11-10-2021, 10:59 AM.
                        Betty

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X