Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance

Does anyone do shows/demonstrations but not sell anything? I’ve been asked to demo scrollsawing at our county fair, but one of their stipulations is that I have insurance. Most of the others doing these demos are also selling and have "business insurance." I don’t plan on selling anything, just display different types of projects that can be made with a scrollsaw as well as cut some things while there. I assume it’s to protect the fair (and myself) from some idiot doing something stupid and then suing me for liability. Any ideas on how to cover for the 5 days of the fair? Could it be somehow umbrellaed under my homeowners insurance? Any thoughts would be appreciated (and no, I haven’t talked to my insurance agent yet - want to have some talking point ideas before taking that step).
    Bruce
    . . . because each piece will be someone's heirloom someday.
    visit sometime
    Hawk 220VS, Delta 40-570

I hope you work it out and that you find it's not too expensive for you. I would think the organizers of the event would have insurance already for anyone who walks into the fair?

Karl
    Karl in Sunny Southwest Florida

Comment

Are you a member of a local woodworking club. In Canada there is a group insurance program that a number of clubs are members of and there is member protection for doing demos etc.

Don McFarland ​Member - Durham Woodworking Club http://www.durhamwoodworkingclub.com/

Comment

Check with Linda from Phoenix as she does the same demos.
        Denny
        ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

No experience but a quick online search popped up this:
          Artist and Craft Show Liability Insurance | ACT Insurance
          Scott
          Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

The most affordable coverage I've found was actually suggested to me by a regular fair vendor who does fairs all over the country.
            https://www.ACTinsurance.com
            Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Just looking briefly at the one Linda has is pretty good. Just make sure of the liability coverage. In fact, I may check that one out when mine expires in October. Thanks Linda.
              Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Linda, that is less than one half what I have paid in the past!
                Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,
                "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

Excellent savings! This insurance referral was given to me by a food vendor at our Arizona State Fair a few years ago. The "fudge" couple said they've used this company for years and they highly recommended them. Prior to that I'd checked out my homeowners policy, prior business insurance brokers, a commercial broker, and some thru google search. This one just checked all the boxes, including the all important cost factor. I hope they work well for anyone who chooses them.
                  Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

I touched base with my insurance co and they told me as long as this wasn't a "business" (I'm not selling anything, just demonstrating) and I wasn't getting paid (strictly volunteer work) that the personal liability provision of my homeowners insurance would cover me. So no extra cost this time around. Thanx all for your help. Linda, your referral was excellent and I'll keep it in mind in case the Fair sees things differently than the insurance co.
                    Bruce
                    . . . because each piece will be someone's heirloom someday.
                    visit sometime
                    Hawk 220VS, Delta 40-570

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                      Reply to Tough Decisions
                      by will8989
                      Scott, I was referring to her pms to Bill Wilson and Quartz. They posted her reply by pms instead of on here.
                      Would be nice Quartz. I asked got Bob to put the issue next tp patterns and he said something about real estate. He found a way to do it and didn’t lose any real estate. Guess they don’t...
                      Today, 10:57 AM
                    • Quartz43
                      Reply to Tough Decisions
                      by Quartz43
                      I would be pleased if FC at least did a trial of printing A pattern on regular sized text and also providing a scale up factor. Their resistance to do anything if a real pain. It was a similar lack of action with the website that resulted in lost viewers.
                      Today, 09:46 AM
                    • NC Scroller
                      Reply to Tough Decisions
                      by NC Scroller
                      I think Kelly did that because I wrote a letter to the editor complaining about an article in the last addition. It was the article about staying connected online and it didn't mention the FC forum....
                      Today, 06:36 AM
                    • hotshot
                      Reply to Demo display
                      by hotshot
                      The fastest I've ever seen one of those 3d deer cuts was by Rick Hutcheson. That man was super fast when we was working the shows.

Here he is much more recently, and a bit slower: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riPDY6M-Lv8

Here is the pattern on Ricks' site: http://www....
                      Yesterday, 10:58 PM
                    • Linda In Phoenix
                      Reply to Woodgrain Worked Against Me
                      by Linda In Phoenix
                      Rodney you and your wife make a great team! Very nicely done sir.
                      Yesterday, 07:08 PM
                    Working...
                    X