You want to do What?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You want to do What?

customer - buy all your baskets. But Wendy there’s 7 of them. I can count but I have a lot of gifts to give out in the next few weeks and I’d rather give them your baskets. Tell Bruce to start wrapping and bagging. Her husband comes back and asks if she made up her mind. She told him she was buying them all. He said ok, whatever you want. And that is how we ended our day early. The day’s total was 9 baskets, 2 cheese boards, one coffee mill. 2 sealife puzzles and 8 other puzzles. Back to the saw for Mothers Day.
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Congrats! Sounds like a determined and smart shopper you had.
    Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Good for you!
      Rolf
      RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
      Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
      Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
      And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Great news and easy day for you Betty. Makes it easy for her too in the long run and nobody can say hey, I didn’t get a basket. I have a hubby like that, maybe why we will soon celebrate our 36th anniversary.
        Melanie from East TN

Comment

Change in her plans. Here is her email I got today:

Betty

Your baskets are very much at home with us in Annapolis! The 7th goes to a buddy. These are in Jeff’s Annapolis home.

My home in Baltimore also feels elevated by your beautiful work! I love them!

Wendy

Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

What a way to end the day! Congrats Betty.
            Denny
            ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

That's what is called a great day in my book!
              And the follow up email just put the icing on the whole thing.
              Jim
              When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
              Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Good deal! I love those folks who walk up, point to something(s) and say, "I want that!" and hand you a credit card.
                Tony

My Son-in-law said "Darnit, I cut this board twice, now. And it's still too short."

Comment

She is a repeat customer and buys every time we are at the market. I think I need to up my game and do one of Carole’s baskets. First time she came back she said she wanted a basket with the wood exactly like the one she bought the week before and the same size. The edge of the wood had a small section of gray, black and reddish grain. Not having any more of the wood, I did the best I could and I guess she liked it! I have an idea for a basket and will need Dave to help me with it on his program. But that’s end of May.
                  Betty

Comment

Betty, the best thing about collapsible baskets is the amazed reaction you get from someone who has never seen one. That's what started me off in woodworking, but I used a bandsaw because the community woodshop did not a have scroll saw worth using. When the band saw proved to be totally unsafe and unfixable, I lobbied for a DeWalt, and the rest is history.

However, the real treat is that there is virtually no gluing involved! Precision cutting, yes. Precise determination of the cutting angle, yes. Gluing and sanding--barely any! I worked out a method to use PolyDraw to get the spiral, then used Photoshop to tweak the pattern, but when that was done, I was able to create patterns relatively easily.

Glad you have such a big fan as a customer. Well-deserved, I'm sure!
                    Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Maybe I should have said bowls instead of baskets. I’ve made collapsible baskets, sometimes they sell sometimes they don’t. I pulled the pattern for the little coffee cup you made. I’m going to make that and another larger bowl. I also want reaction to pricing. I am also thinking of using Bruce’s renaissance wax as a finish. Thinking. Need to get past Mother’s Day first. And I remember all your posts about the community woodshop!
                      Betty

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                        Reply to My computer issues.
                        by will8989
                        I clean it up and stuff regularly. If I do a lot of typing, spreadsheets, etc., I use the computer as it’s faster for me but take the tablet to shows and markets to post from there. I also use my rapid resizer program on the tablet when I want to change a pattern and am downstairs. I really need a...
                        Today, 11:16 PM
                      • Linda In Phoenix
                        by Linda In Phoenix
                        Rolf, if your Picassa file works I want it!!! They cram so much into newer programs that it just complicates things and takes away intuitive stuff. Thank you for checking!
                        Today, 05:55 PM
                      • Rolf
                        by Rolf
                        Linda,
                        Quote, I kept my old computer even though it was barely alive simply due to one particular program...Picassa by Google...which they removed from the market years ago. It worked like a combo photo and editing program but easier. It could take a photo and change it to a line drawing beautifully...
                        Today, 08:41 AM
                      • RJweb
                        by RJweb
                        Buy an apple and keep the computer dr away, RJ...
                        Today, 08:39 AM
                      • Rolf
                        Reply to New turning tools
                        by Rolf
                        Thanks for posting Carole, Depending on what other time consuming distractions I have I might just have to do a wavy bowl.
                        Also for reminding me that I have your books on my shelf for inspiration!!
                        This will also be the first time I use the Excalibur to cut the rings instead of fighting...
                        Today, 08:27 AM
                      Working...
                      X