Farmers market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farmers market

The sales at my market is off the charts. We do Saturday and Sunday but I’m home cutting for next week and Bruce is there for the 3 hours today mostly for pick ups. My entire stock inventory is just about gone! Bruce made 8 pepper grinders. Only 1 left. Angels, birdhouses flying off the trees. Baskets every week 3-6, $35 - $75, people are buying 2. Nativity sets are gone in the first hour. Just amazes me. Small business Saturday yesterday was way more than anyone at the market expected. Nice to be supported by locals. Rolf, remember that floatilla of kayaks from about 4 years ago? I found 10 kayaks and parts of the moose. Cut what I needed, Bruce put them together put on the table and sold all of them at $20 each. And they want more! Crazy. Well, my coffee is all gone so it’s back to the saw. Hope everyone who is able to sell is having the same success.
    Attached Files
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Glad to see that you have done well, RJ
    Life Begins @ 190 MPH

Comment

Just read an article from Indianapolis where small businesses are reporting great sales.
      Glad you made out well and Bruce got to be salesman for a while.
      Jim
      When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
      Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Well that is good news! You really have a nice collection of items love the Wolf. I just might have to make a few pepper mills. And test our market.
        it will be interesting to see how my consignment sales will be. They were this weekend and again next weekend. I will know after that when I pick up the remnants. I didn't make any Kayaks this year, probably should have.
        Rolf
        RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
        Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
        Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
        And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

I made the first wolf for my grandson’s birthday. I have made 5 more and sold them all! Personally, I hope to never see another kayak again!
          Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

The Kayaks are fun but a real pain in the butt to assemble. I bevel cut the hull on mine and burned the design in the top. If I ever make more I will laser burn the details in the top.
            Rolf

Comment

I don’t see anymore of them in my future.
              Betty

Comment

Congratulations Betty on the wonderful sales but not surprised given the quality and craftsmanship of both of your work.
                Melanie from East TN

Comment

Originally posted by Rolf View Post
                  The Kayaks are fun but a real pain in the butt to assemble. I bevel cut the hull on mine and burned the design in the top. If I ever make more I will laser burn the details in the top.
                  I have made 15-20. Sold everyone. I did not add the design to the top and they looked just fine.
                  Scott
                  Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

I just used different wood scraps I had to make the kayaks. I still do t see anymore in my future.
                    Betty

Comment

Betty, I see you are working the night shift again, good luck on your next farmers market, RJ
                      Life Begins @ 190 MPH

Comment

Hello All,

Being a new bee.... Could you post a photo of what a "Kayak" looks like?

Thank-you

Comment

They were in the holiday issue from SSW about 5 years ago.
                          Attached Files
                          Betty

Comment

Actually it was in a special E-mag October 2014. It has a lot of small parts and I fully understand Betty's reluctance to make more. I really like your Red nose and scarf, I added the scarf in later versions.

My version is a tad different. I beveled the hull and did some shaping, adding even more work to a busy little project. I also burned the pattern on top of the hull with a Colewood burner. If I do them again I will use my laser to burn in the pattern.

this a picture of just some of the parts missing are the arms, paddle, antlers and eyes. Moose parts (600 x 337).jpg Moose assy..jpg
                            Rolf

Comment

You did way more than I did! Bruce wants to do more next year! All the ones I sold went to Canada or Colorado. Go figure.
                              Betty

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X