Think I found a winner.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think I found a winner.

Got this pattern from Sue May ( https://www.scrollsawartist.com/nati...with-arch.html )
    Made 1 set and wife sent a picture on FB and within an hour over 12 people ordered one for $65 each.
    Orders are still coming in.

Sue May Nativity.jpg

Jackpot!!! Congrats.
    Scott
    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Is that maple? What is the wood thickness of the people/animals? What's the overall size? Nice looking!
      Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

The wood is 3/4 popular, arch is 1 1/2 basswood. overall width is 14" high id 8" largest figurine is 4.5 high

Comment

I’ve seen that pattern and really like it. That’s a good price and what I would sell it for. The poplar is really clear. Really like it.
          Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Wow, that poplar is some great looking stuff! Nice find on the wood, and excellent pattern choice.

Comment

Great to hear of success. Now you have to build 12 plus of them!
              "Time to Give Back"

Comment

I also liked the looks of this nativity and bought the pattern. Sorry no pictures yet but I was successful in making the arch out of 3/4" stock instead of the 1 1/2" stock that Sue Mey had suggested. Hopefully I will have pictures by tomorrow.
                Scott

Comment

Congrats on hitting the jackpot. I may give that pattern a try.
                  Denny
                  ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Here is my version using all 3/4" stock for the characters and the arch. The characters are soft maple. The arch is poplar stained with Early American stain. Sorry the lighting is not the best to show the wood grain on the characters.

Sue Mey 3D nativity picture.jpg
                    Scott

Comment

This is a great design and looks great both ways. I like each one very much!!!! Nice job guys.

Comment

The other beauty of using only 3/4" stock, or whatever thickness you have, you can use the waste wood from the arch to cut most of the navity characters. I am very cheap so I try to get as much mileage as I can when it comes to wood. Here is what I am talking about.

I have one more "design enhancement" that I am playing with. That is making the arch a little thicker but still using 3/4" stock and then then using my router to round over the outer edge.

compound nativity layout.jpg
                        Last edited by NC Scroller; 11-06-2020, 10:03 AM.
                        Scott

Comment

Great looking projects. If I do this, maybe for my 2021 fairs, not this year I have an idea for a very different arch. Did you both attach the arch to the base? I would certainly do that.
                          Rolf
                          RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                          Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                          Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                          And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

These Nativity projects are very creative and artistic in design. Well done!
                            Dick Miraglia

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X