First sale of the season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First sale of the season

We had a good day at the Farmers market today. $100 over last years average. First sale of the year is always good. I sold 13 of my boxes and a few toys. My wife sold her crocheted items today also and matched me in sales $ Lots of shoppers and very few masks seen. Back to normal it seems..
    Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,
    "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Congrats, Jim.
    Denny
    ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Way to go Jim! Always good to hear of your successes!

Karl
      Karl in Sunny Southwest Florida

Comment

Way to go.
        Scott
        Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Glad to hear some shows are going on and folks are bringing money.
          Jim
          When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
          Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Good to hear!, I hope you are being careful with the distancing.
            Rolf
            RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
            Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
            Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
            And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Wish we were back to normal here. We have a dictator for a county executive and am still locked out of the market.
              Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Originally posted by will8989 View Post
                Wish we were back to normal here. We have a dictator for a county executive and am still locked out of the market.
                That is Sad !

"No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

Finally got the word that us "non essential" participants in the farmers market can come back. Politics, I won't even go into it. Thing is, my doctor appointment is Monday for my surgery update and date for surgery. I told Bruce I won't be going anywhere as I'm not chancing getting anything to interfere with this. Blurred vision for 3 months is 3 months too long. I'm not looking to get back to the market until August - September. I'm fill in for the summer as farmers come first, but if they call and I see the temperature is going to be over 85, gee sorry I can't make it. And the market wants vendors to wear masks. It's outside, duh!! My 17-20 year old controversial self is reappearing. Oh wait, it never left. Just goes in hidind and comes roaring back sometimes. ROARRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Excuse any typos, can't see the screen too well.
                  Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

UPDATE:
                    Second sale, same as the first, within $2. The first two sales of the season are usually the best and that is true this year also....so far. Sold 11 boxes this time (four of them I have yet to make) but many more toys. More families with children were there.
                    "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

Another good sales day today. The third Sat there. Within $10 of the first two. Surprised me.
                      "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

Jim: Are any of these folks repeats from past years? Seems like you might have built a following.
                        Jim
                        When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
                        Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Oh yes a few are...
                          You would think I have "outboxed" a community of 250,000 but I guess I have not, even after 12 years.
                          "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

I’d say at my farmers market, my repeat is 80%, if they ever let us back in. I also have a lot of people that follow me to other shows, which most have been cancelled.
                            Betty

Comment

This past Sat at the Farmers market there were fewer shoppers. The weather was cool and cloudy. I plan to skip a week there. See how it goes. I have done this in the past and found that if my sales total drops below my last years average and I skip a week I end up with the same total sales at the end of the season than I would have if I had gone there every week, no matter what previous sales totals were.
                              "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• cwmagee
                                Reply to Broken Excalibur, question.
                                by cwmagee
                                Since I have only replaced the blade holders and the rocker arms that the the blade holder attaches to and I do not recognize the parts, I suspect that they may be a part of the drive linkage inside the upper or lower arm. I know that this may not be much help.
                                Today, 11:57 AM
                              • keystonecop
                                Reply to I would like your help
                                by keystonecop
                                The 1/4 is solid.. at least this time I will know that it is not all me and can blame part of it on the wood.. My go to wood is cherry and black walnut. a few weeks ago I cut a piece in 3/4 red oak and snapped a piece.....
                                Today, 10:25 AM
                              • NC Scroller
                                Reply to Broken Excalibur, question.
                                by NC Scroller
                                I have had no issues with my EX-21 and it has lots of hours on it. Can you me a better idea what I am looking at?
                                Today, 10:09 AM
                              • Rolf
                                Broken Excalibur, question.
                                by Rolf
                                I had a call from a friend and it appears a part broke on her EX-21 She will be getting the part from Ray and I will probably install it for her. Not having had my EX saw apart I am curious if any of you have replaced this part. I seem to remember it being a fairly common failure.
                                Today, 09:38 AM
                              • Rolf
                                Reply to Nova drill press
                                by Rolf
                                Quartz you are absolutely Correct! I modified my post....
                                Today, 09:28 AM
                              Working...
                              X