On going health scare.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On going health scare.

Postponement of my first sale this year makes me wonder how many other events will be dropped due to this flu/virous scare.
    Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,
    "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Our store was completely quiet today too.
    Denny
    ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Going to be a lot of events cancelled for a long time. Worst part will be that a lot of small businesses won't be able to survive.
      "Time to Give Back"

Comment

Our county fair is always a great event for me to book custom orders, but it was just cancelled. Local swap meets, everything. The Phoenix area is saying every event like this with any more then 10 people is discouraged. And as of tonight, no dine-in restaurant eating----drive thru, delivery, or pickup only. Schools all closed....but day cares are taking on extra kids without hesitation. Kind of mixed signals. Everyone has something difficult to deal with. Just hoping the majority of us stay healthy.
        Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

No cases in my county as of yet, Thank God. About the only thing open are the stores. Governor just closed all bars and restaurants. I do feel sorry for those in retail and especially the small business people. Praying this is more hype then fact.
          Scott
          Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Scott unfortunately not hype. But not sure which is worse the hording or the Virus
            Rolf
            RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
            Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
            Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
            And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

The biggest fear is that of the unknown and there are a lot of unknowns with this virus.

I just cancelled our April and May scroll saw club meetings. That was as pretty easy decision, because we meet in a restaurant that will also be closed. We have a lot of older members who are in the high risk cagetories. Not taking any chances.

The club was also scheduled to participate in the Pittsburgh Rockler's Guild day that was to take place April 25. That won't be happening either.
              Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

Difficult times require difficult measures. Difficult time do not a panic make. Stay calm, adjust, and stay healthy.
                Larry Davis
                Using wood rescued from the fire pit. My story told with a log.

Member Callahan Area Woodworking Group, Clyde, Texas

Comment

Rolf I know it is not hype. This is very serious stuff. My daughter and grandson are isolated because a teacher in my grandson's school tested positive. Thankfully not his teacher so they are saying low risk. Nothing like this has happened in our life time. I just praying at the end of the saga it is closer to the best case scenario than the worst case.
                  Scott

Comment

Restaurants are closing until at least the end of the month. Some are offering family style take out. ArtCrafters has its second day with no sales. We also shortened our hours.
                    Denny
                    ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Restaurants in NC are closed or take out/curbside only. I really feel sorry for small business and those in hospitality.
                      Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy Oaks View Post
                        Restaurants are closing until at least the end of the month. Some are offering family style take out. ArtCrafters has its second day with no sales. We also shortened our hours.
                        Denny sorry to say you look older than 55, You should shelter in place............Need to keep you healthy so I can get more blades when I need them...
                        The other John A. Nelson
                        johnsworkshop.com
                        sigpic
                        I just follow the lines and make sawdust
                        on a Seyco ST-21 and a Yellow DW788

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X