Gift card holders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gift card holders

Where are you all getting your Gift card holder patterns. I went to make some today and all I have are a few Christmas themed ones.
    Rolf
    RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

I do things a little differently. I put letters on mine. I make them out of 1/8" Baltic Birch. The letter is only on the front side. The insert is a little slip of colored tissue paper.

I use this website for my letters: https://woodgears.ca/stencil/. For size I use 225, for Font I use what they call Lobsester Two and I bold the letters. See the attached screen capture.

Now Rolf don't put me out of business.

Stencil Capture.PNG .

. card holders.jpg
    Scott
    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

I go through all my magazines and use ornament patterns along with the ones from Diane. I don’t do letters or names. I stack 6 and make 3 cardholders. I don’t use Baltic birch because my customers don’t like that. They prefer cherry, walnut and cedar. I only charge $5 but most customers buy something else along with the cardholder. My average sale is 5-10 per sale.
      Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Thanks for the ideas.
        Rolf

Comment

I typically sell 30-40 card holders at my one craft sale. Likewise I get $5 each. I started making them out of hardwood but that was too time consuming preparing the thin stock. Switching to Baltic Birch and doing initials actually improved sales. Just an FYI. Selling them without the tissue paper was a bust. They need that little bit of color to make them pop out.
          Last edited by NC Scroller; Yesterday, 07:31 AM.
          Scott

Comment

Rolf,

For the cutout, I just looked for patterns that were good options for cutting and fit them in the size of the face. This includes public domain clip art, portions of other patterns I already had, etc. I have over 100 patterns (including the alphabet) that I've come up with so far.

Whether you make it one sided or two, use hardwood or Baltic birch, thin strips or 'u' shaped middle layer and colored paper insert or none are all personal preferences.

Comment

Thanks again for the different ideas.

After making some years ago with the"U" I now use strips. I actually cut the strips on the table saw using a GRR-Ripper push block. I am running out of time so these will have to wait until next year. I like using different hardwoods for the face and spacer for an extra pop.
              Rolf

Comment

Originally posted by Rolf View Post
                Thanks again for the different ideas.

After making some years ago with the"U" I now use strips. I actually cut the strips on the table saw using a GRR-Ripper push block. I am running out of time so these will have to wait until next year. I like using different hardwoods for the face and spacer for an extra pop.
                Just throwing this out. Again I am using Baltic Birch. I use 1/8" strips vs the "U" too. I rip mine on the band saw. Found it to create a smoother & cleaner edge. It is also safer then cutting those on the table saw in my opinion.
                Scott

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X