Price Tags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price Tags

How do you put prices on your work - or do you? From photos, I see some just price items in bulk with a per grouping of items sign. But, if you don't have bulk of one particular item, do you attach a tag of some sort? Do you use a small sticker?
    I receive a variety of items from my membership (all donated product) that we then sell at a few shows each year. Most items are unique, one-of-a-kind. Occasionally I receive items in bulk - like a recent group of seam rippers or ice cream scoops - but more often just one or two of items whether they are scrolled, carved, or turned. I don't love the tags we use currently as they are larger (1 9/32" x 3/4") and hang down and make things look messy. Many times even attaching are tough. For larger items like vases, bowls, etc., I now have a smaller sticker I am using. I do use signs where appropriate for groups of items.
    Would appreciate some feedback. I may make changes for our sales in 2020.
    Barbara
    Proud user of Excalibur, RBI Hawk, & Delta

For my intarsia, the sticker goes on the back. Bowls get it on the bottom. Be careful with stickers, some of them don't peel well. Avery labels are bad for that. Plus that, I have signs for small items that don't hold stickers or tags well - like pens, some ornaments, bottle stoppers, etc.
    Tony

My Son-in-law said "Darnit, I cut this board twice, now. And it's still too short."

Comment

For our single items we get small tags with strings from Staples. For our ornaments we put a small sticker, pre-printed with the price on the plastic part of the box. We never put a sticker directly on the wood.

How are you doing Barbara?
      Rolf
      RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
      Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
      Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
      And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

I do the same as Rolf. I use small tags with string attached.
        Denny
        ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

I found some small tags at Hobby Lobby. They were in the Jewelry materials section.

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Beads-Jew...p/13171-TI0524

They were about 3/8" x 5/8".

$4.99 for a packet of 100 tags

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Jim Finn
            Reply to My fourth scroll saw in my shop.
            by Jim Finn
            Rolf;
            The saw I have is also a 2005 or 6. It cuts well but seems noisy and when I get the blade tensioned, how I want it, the tension release lever near the blade swings forward and loosens the tension. I now have a rubber band holding it down as I run the saw. I have tried adjusting the...
            Today, 09:58 PM
          • will8989
            Reply to Pegas saw
            by will8989
            Bob, thewoodworkingshows.com Baltimore is 1/3-1/5. Lately it seems they always have space. And it’s not that far for you to travel!
            Hegner converted their top blower to a vacuum which I really like. What needs to be changed on the Pegas saw? I don’t want to buy something than need to change...
            Today, 09:01 PM
          • vgraf
            Reply to Pegas saw
            by vgraf
            Rolf,
            Most blowers blow the dust from the left side to keep the cutting line clear. Did you disconnect your blower so that the vacuum system sucks the dust from the left keeping the pattern lines clear?
            Today, 07:34 PM
          • vgraf
            Reply to Price Tags
            by vgraf
            I found some small tags at Hobby Lobby. They were in the Jewelry materials section.

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Beads-Jew...p/13171-TI0524

They were about 3/8" x 5/8".

$4.99 for a packet...
            Today, 07:22 PM
          • Rolf
            Reply to Pegas saw
            by Rolf
            I added a trap to catch the small pieces that I don't want to lose. Also a simple swivel so I can swing the top part out of the way without messing with the upper nozzle. I did not glue the joints in case I get a clog. ...
            Today, 05:23 PM
          Working...
          X