X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest Scam

Here is what I got in email today - - - It Is a Scam - - -
    Stripe

We sent a charge dispute of $822.91 to your stripe linked bank account. this amount will be deducted from your stripe linked bank account. follow the link below immediately to stop and terminate this payment dispute charge

https://stripeadminservice.com/login...t-email&email=

Respond immediately to stop the payment dispute charge or it will be deducted from your stripe link account.

your
    stripe team

A quick call to my bank waylaid this one. It is coming from -- stripesupport@ninabsas.hostpilot.com.
    Tony

My Son-in-law said "Darnit, I cut this board twice, now. And it's still too short."

Thanks for sharing Tony. I haven't seen this one yet. Wish they would learn to make a living in an honest manner.
    Melanie from East TN

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. Look like this happens almost every day.
      Denny
      ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

That's scary because Travis over at the Village just started using Stripe as a payment for sponsorship/membership.
        Jim
        When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
        Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

When we lived overseas (Japan) in the early 2000's, my wife rarely used her credit card. Then one month, for numerous stateside family birthdays (5) in one month, she used her card. Within a week, she got an email from her CC company (it was fake) stating that "We noticed that you recently used your card for several orders. We suspect that someone may have used your card illegally. We will close this card unless you respond immediately." A link was given. LOML told me the gist and said "I need to respond to them now." Me: NO, NO, don't do that. It is Fake!"
          However, she would not believe me. I called our tech guy and he assured her that that was a phishing scam, and then explained what that was. She still said, "How did they know that I recently used it." Me: They didn't, they made that up to scam those who fit the profile by sheer coincidence. It happens.

Since then, she has become very scam wary.
          Hank Lee
          Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted.

Comment

In several of the browsers and/or email programs, if you hover your mouse over one of the blue links they want you to click on (do NOT click on them, just hover your mouse pointer), you can look at the bottom of your screen to see the actual real link. For instance, I got a suspicious email supposedly from Amazon saying I needed to update my account....when I hovered over the blue links my browser showed me that where I would've been taken to is: www.honeybeeventures.xyz. Another, supposedly from Paypal would've taken me the address that email was from was actually: 1551296200.0000070318@jeembutan.email@z.com Hovering unveils soooo many hidden things and saves me from making phone calls to check with banks or anyone else. Just don't click on those buggers!
            Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Well speaking of all this ugly stuff on the Internet, been using Amazon for years, we bought something on Feb 7th for 23 odd dollars, out of Amazon Seattle WA. Checked the bank as I was paying bills.....4 pages of charges, which started just hours after our purchase. They were in Amazon, Canada, Maine, Florida....total nearly 1800.00 dollars. Contacted Bank, Amazon, Lifelock......just getting things squared up, be careful. Did some research, Amazon Seattle has Complaints of bogus charges totaling millions, along with lawsuits.

Comment

What is Amazon Seattle and how is it different from just Amazon.

Comment

I have a notice from my bank on all my cards for any charges over $1. I also have my cards locked when not using them and carry them in a case that can’t be read through. My business acct was hacked 3 times last year. Each time, the bank caught it and froze my card. They told me to call the number on the back of my credit card and ask for fraud Dept.
                  Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Amazon Seattle is just an Amazon hub in that city

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X