Farmers Mkt today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farmers Mkt today

Phew!!!! I am tired. In addition to selling, I was in charge of the committee for entertainment today. Easy - Santa Claus and Arundel Aires, part of Sweet Adelines. Crowd was great, sold a lot. Some pics of set up. And yes, Bruce sold sawdust. Actually cedar shavings. So far he’s sold 40!! He says Lowe’s can sell dirt he can sell Sawdust. Just another day at the market.
    Attached Files
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Clock in a tank ! Good idea. We had our last show today and realized that I never took any pictures.
    Rolf
    RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

I had to Rolf. People kept running their fingers across the antlers. Idiots. So how was your show?
      Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

It is amazing that some folks just don't understand how delicate some of our items are. I do a Nativity in a handrail that was broken, but that piece is always a risk because it has soft wood cross grain and real easy to stick your thumb in it. And one of my angels lost it's halo. It is the first time I have had anything damaged. Angel color.jpgDSC_1178 (Small).JPG
        We just picked up the remnants from our consignment event this afternoon. We gave them $1400 in inventory came back with 400.
        And last weekends fair at our church was a bit more than that. So it is about what we do every year. Several of our repeat heavy hitters were out of town but replaced by new ones. We will have to consider getting the square since we have only been doing cash and checks.
        Rolf

Comment

Square has been a big asset for me.
          Brian in the Four Corners

Comment

That nativity is something else! Where did the pattern come from?
            Jim
            When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
            Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Jim, it was in a book by Patrick Spielman "Fun & Easy Scroll saw Projects" It was originally a logscape but i decided to put it in an old piece of handrail. Not the best choice as slicing the hand rail did not leave me with much wood to work with. Too delicate.
              Last edited by Rolf; 12-06-2018, 09:16 AM.
              Rolf

Comment

Another great day yesterday, almost a sell out!!! Sold all but 3 Small baskets, some card holders and a few other things. Repeat customers. Freezing cold!!! Now, what do I take for Wednesday night?
                Betty

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• alexscrollsaw
                  Tiger fretwork
                  alexscrollsaw
                  Tiger fretwork, 450 cuts
                  Size 10x13 inches (without frame), birch plywood, 1/6 inch, gloss varnish
                  pattern is available at https://www.etsy.com/shop/AlexFoxUA

Today, 04:03 AM
                • will8989
                  Conversation with Bruce
                  will8989
                  Me: I can’t believe I’m almost out of wood. Only 2small pieces of cherry and some poplar. No wood, no baskets for Wednesday night. Bruce: well, where is the wood? Me: in the bank. Bruce: what’s it doing in the bank? Me: seriously? He went to the carpenter shop where the sawmill is for Elm and...
                  Today, 12:56 AM
                • will8989
                  Reply to Farmers Mkt today
                  will8989
                  Another great day yesterday, almost a sell out!!! Sold all but 3 Small baskets, some card holders and a few other things. Repeat customers. Freezing cold!!! Now, what do I take for Wednesday night?
                  Today, 12:40 AM
                • hotshot
                  Reply to Coin Cutting Weekend
                  hotshot
                  Sorry, I totally missed this question, for CorelDraw, crop you pattern to the edges on all sides, then scale the pattern to 100mm x 100mm then export that to PDF. What that does is than anyone can take you pattern then make it fit any coin by just printing to a percentage that matches the size of the...
                  Yesterday, 11:44 PM
                • Quartz43
                  Reply to epoxy
                  Quartz43
                  I have used several different epoxy. I use 5 and 15 minute epoxy for most things. I use the Bob Smith brand from Amazon. I mix it in small pill cups and measure by weight with a cheap small digital scale. One does need to be careful as it is not mixed one to one by weight and you have to check directions....
                  Yesterday, 06:51 PM
                Working...
                X