Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone faced insurance requirements of this nature?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone faced insurance requirements of this nature?

I've been accepted to show at the Kris Kringle Mart in Hagerstown, MD, this November. I recently got this letter from the show director about additional liability insurance. I haven't priced this out with my insurance companies as of yet, so I don't know what the cost will be. If it is more than $100, it isn't worth me doing the show. In fairness to the show's director, it is the college requiring this additional insurance.

Has anyone else faced this type of thing, and how much does it cost, extra. I do have liability insurance for my show setup & products because I never know what some irate idiot may try to do, but it is no where near the values the college is requiring, and it doesn't specify any venue as additional insureds.
    Attached Files
    Tony

My Son-in-law said "Darnit, I cut this board twice, now. And it's still too short."

The only difference between what they are requiring and my policy is my medical expenses are only $5,000. I also don’t show fire coverage as separate. Wouldn’t this be under Liability? Will ask my agent when she calls tomorrow as we are going over the renewal for my policy. It costs $400 a year. When required, my agent emails me a certificate of liability showing the name of the venue as insured for that date only​​​​​​.
    Last edited by will8989; 09-10-2018, 11:40 PM.
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

I have never been asked for any insurance requirement at any of the shows I do.
      Brian in the Four Corners

Comment

A lot of places here are requiring insurance or you have to buy into their policy. I’ve had my insurance for about 15 years. Well worth it to me.
        Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Originally posted by will8989 View Post
          A lot of places here are requiring insurance or you have to buy into their policy. I’ve had my insurance for about 15 years. Well worth it to me.
          What company are you working with and how are their prices?
          Tony

My Son-in-law said "Darnit, I cut this board twice, now. And it's still too short."

Comment

Erie. Mine is $400 a year for exactly what you have. The fire coverage is under liability. I am thinking the college is requiring extra fire coverage. My agent said she has some vendors who show there and no one has requested the extra coverage as of yesterday. My policy also covers everything I take to a show, stock, supplies, iPad, displays,tent, etc.
            Betty

Comment

Many of our Arizona municipalities are pushing insurance onto venues, even local craft fairs.
              My insurance broker quoted a totally unreasonable amount.
              Then I talked to a state fair vendor here, who referred me to a specialty insurance group.
              Their website pretty much spells out what you can get and it's the most reasonable (and yet comprehensive) I've found.
              Here's what their site shows:

Vendor at a Fair/Festival Commercial General Liability Coverage Limits of Coverage per Membership

Each Occurence $2,000,000 (bodily injury & property damage to others)
              Damage to Rented Premises $300,000 (to rented premises)
              Personal & Advertising Injury $2,000,000 (hurting someone's feelings)
              General Aggregate $5,000,000 (the most the policy will pay out)
              Products-Completed Op Agg. $5,000,000 (the most the policy will pay out)
              Medical Expenses $5,000 (emergency medical)
              Premium Cost $375.00
              Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

I know there are some that will also do just one activity instead of a whole year. Rented premises is probably what Tony is looking for. I just looked up ACT insurance and the one difference between that and mine is mine covers actual selling price of items for replacement and theirs only covers materials to replace. At least that’s the way I interpreted theirs. My agent and I specifically talked about that.
                Last edited by will8989; 09-14-2018, 12:35 AM.
                Betty

Comment

Thanks for the info. I'll check with Erie. I've been off-line for about a week so I haven't gotten much done. I looked at Act and they don't quite cover everything specified. $375 - $400 per year isn't much more than I'm paying for what I have, But if I added to mine that price would, almost, double.
                  Tony

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X