Back in business, for this year.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back in business, for this year.

I have no sales venues from early in October until early in June. This past Saturday was the start of my season for sales this year. At the local farmers market I had good sales this past Saturday as I usually do , early in the season. Same spot and some repeat customers from years past. I have been selling here for nine years now. This is starting year ten. So far, a repeat of previous years.
    I sold twenty inlaid items and a few toys. Also sold forty-eight cedar coasters, the shape of Texas.
    High twenty MPH winds blew down and damaged, my canopy but I have repaired it already.
    My new website has had only three sales...so far.
    Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,
    No PHD, but I have my GED and my DD 214"
    Website https://craftingcouple.com/

Congratulations on new season!
    ♥♥ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♥♥

Comment

Congrats on a decent start Jim. May your season only get better.

DW
      Life is hard. It is even harder when you are being stupid.
      John Wayne

Comment

Good start to the year. The farmers markets here go year round. In ANY weather. I have displayed snow flurries, 100 deg heat, cold. I used to put a propane lantern under my chair, wrap a blanket around the chair to keep the heat in. Now I don’t do rain, snow or cold. At least this farmers market is under a roof and I can back the truck right into my spot.
        Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

It's spectacular when you can kind of anticipate the types of items that will sell well. Congrats
          Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Actually, it’s a guessing game!!! Sometimes you come home with $$ and sometimes not. 🤑🤑
            Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

This week's sales, at the same farmers market, were only $2 less than last weeks sales. Hmmm I see a trend here. <grin>

Comment

Congrats Jim. You have a niche. Stick with it.
                Scott
                Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

This past Saturday the sales were the same as the past few have been and same as last years average. That works for me.

Comment

Wow, that is consistency.
                    Denny
                    ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

So Far consistent within 1% !

Comment

HOw big is your market? Do you find certain days you know won't do so good? Example - here on the second Sunday, Annapolis has their Second Sunday market. Other than some of the locals, most people go to that so it isn't really worth me setting up. Does weather impact your sales? Dumb question, right? I have found that on rainy, not stormy days, sales are better, especially if there has been a few days of rain. My market is under cover so they only get wet going from vehicle to the market, which is only a few steps. On Sundays we have local dairy farmers who sell their products, milk at $7 a gallon, butter at $5 a half pound, etc. The chicken farmer sells his chickens that were "walking around yesterday" for $3.00 a pound, and other meats that are super expensive. But, the people come for that and I guess they figure they have spent $50 on milk, butter, chickens, did I mention $12 a pound bacon?, etc., what's another $60 for crafts. Phlebes are coming to the Naval Academy in July, so that week-end will be lots of visitors. Fleet week has also been announced for October, over 20 ships and the Thunderbirds will be performing. 10,000 sailors, (to be young again) and their families. Last time at fleet week, they christened the newest ship here. Even though the Baltimore Harbor is about 5 miles, if that far, on the water from Annapolis, we seem to gets lots of visitors at the events from Baltimore. Logistics, logistics, logistics. Makes my head spin sometimes!!
                        Betty

Comment

The outdoor market I attend has about 30-50 vendors and about 1/2 of them are food or produce vendors. Seldom rains in this high desert but the wind is often an issue. There is a pretty good turnout usually, in this city of 250.000. Sales will drop this, or next, week and remain lower until the fall when people start thinking about christmas gifts. In the middle of the summer I will go there, to sell, only every other week. I have some really great sales at local street fairs and festivals in September and October and that brings up my average gross sales figure for the season. I have a new website but few sales there... so far.

Comment

Jim, I have had my website for 3 years now and you could easily count my sales on the fingers of your hands. I do much better with my present customers telling others about us and voluntarly handing out our business cards. We used a host company that charges way too much for the small return on investment. I have cancelled that host company and unless I can come up with an easy way for us to host our own site, we will drop the internet and concentrate on other venues.
                            Rick
                            Just because the circus left town, doesn't mean the Monkey's off your back

Comment

Here’s a thought. I have a friend who does amazing jewelry. She was on Etsy, Pinterest and her own site. One feeds the other. Could you do Pinterest with link to your site?
                              Betty

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X