Website up and running:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website up and running:

I contracted an professional to set up a website for my wooden items and my wife's crocheted items. This was back in December of 2017. It is finally now operating after almost four months. I am not sure it will generate many sales but I figured to give it a shot. My usual sales method will start again in June 2018. (farmers market) I am hoping this website will give me some year round sales. Farmers market only runs from June to October.
    Last edited by Jim Finn; 04-01-2018, 01:24 PM.
    Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,
    No PHD, but I have my GED and my DD 214"
    Website https://craftingcouple.com/

Nice site Jim. Your link is visually correct but the actual address is formatted incorrectly. It should be HTTPS:\\craftingcouple.com. Hope this works out for you.

DW
    Life is hard. It is even harder when you are being stupid.
    John Wayne

Comment

Thank for your interest: I know the WWW was wrong but I do not seem to be able to change it. I have tried many times.

Looks like it finally has changed now. https://craftingcouple.com/
      Last edited by Jim Finn; 04-02-2018, 08:39 AM.

Comment

What’s the address ?
        thx RJ
        Life Begins @ 190 MPH

Comment

The address is

HTTPS:\\craftingcouple.com

Vasilios Nintsios
          GREECE

Comment

Jim that is a great site. I wish you much luck. Off the record I think you are under pricing your work. Yes I know you have to price to your market but taking this on line has made the whole U.S. your market.
            Scott
            Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Thanks for the kind comments. I am told that my prices are a bit low but you know.....I cannot sell anything as fast as I can make it. My only reason to sell my stuff is so I don't have to burn it. (I make a LOT of stuff!) I price my stuff to move.

Comment

I like the site.Some absolutely beautiful work by both of you! But I also agree with Scott. What you and your wife sell your items for locally is one thing but your online prices should be higher. You have to cover the price of your website etc. Like selling things on consignment, I always mark up to cover the consignment %
                Rolf
                RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Excellent site. Beautiful work. Like Scott said, the whole country is your market now. Do you charge shipping? Have to buy packaging supplies? Boxes, bubble wrap, etc? Gas to take to post office. Fees for site. This should at least be added to your price. Just some things to think about.
                  Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

The packaging and postage certainly needs to be taken into consideration. I agreed to provide a brass hardware kit for one of Brian Laws clocks that was originally in a 2013 issue. There has been a new demand for these kits. Postage and packing materials have gone up as have my materiel costs. They are now reflected in my kit costs.
                    Rolf
                    RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Think on this. Set a shipping and handling fee of say $5.95. This would be on top of your current prices. But then offer a promotion of free shipping for orders over say $125.00. When people think they are getting a bargain they buy more. Happens in the retail world all the time.
                      Scott
                      Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Originally posted by NC Scroller View Post
                        Think on this. Set a shipping and handling fee of say $5.95. This would be on top of your current prices. But then offer a promotion of free shipping for orders over say $125.00. When people think they are getting a bargain they buy more. Happens in the retail world all the time.
                        My costs of shipping are well over $10 per box. I will raise my prices IF IF IF I sell at a good rate. It just takes a keystroke to raise the price. I will when/if it seems right.

Comment

As long as you’re happy, that’s all that matters.
                          Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

How is your site doing? Do you have it listed anywhere?
                            Betty

Comment

Listed? I have it listed in all the forums I frequent and on facebook. I have only had two sales through it so far. The Pro that set it up for me is supposed to do some promotions for it soon.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• hotshot
                                Reply to Something new, that is not a Coin . . . per se
                                hotshot
                                It is in the garage. Is that enough or do I need to have the door cracked/open? My smell is pretty decent, and there is not much of a smell. I'm running at a very very low amps/volts, so there are no bubbles from the gassing, but I'm a rookie, so I could be killing myself without knowing it. I'm actively...
                                Today, 05:23 PM
                              • Maisie
                                Blade too close to guard - tension problems
                                Maisie
                                Hi, I've been scroll sawing since 2015, so not really a newbie, but am not sure where to post this - Over the last month I've been having problems with new blades stretching to almost the edge of the guard when I cut, whereas the blade used to always be in the middle of the guard and cut really fast,...
                                Today, 04:50 PM
                              • handibunny
                                Reply to Super max sander ?
                                handibunny
                                Rick, SuperMax was sold to Laguna. Not sure who is running the show now. You might call SupeMax directly and see if you can get more info. On the other hand, it’s a tool that’s well worth the wait.

Gary, what precursor to the SuperMax?
                                Today, 04:07 PM
                              • theframer
                                Reply to Super max sander ?
                                theframer
                                I ordered one with the tables from Woodcraft in Connecticut on February 14. They asked for a $100.00 dollar deposit which I was more than happy to pay. The tool has yet to be delivered and in fact I just got off the phone with the Woodcraft office and I was told that the sale of Supermax to Laguna...
                                Today, 04:01 PM
                              • Gary beasley
                                Reply to Clearing my mind
                                Gary beasley
                                Another good one is Hardwood Solitaire, over a hundred games, great graphics, you can even load your own pictures as backgrounds.
                                Today, 03:05 PM
                              Working...
                              X