Different items to offer for sale.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different items to offer for sale.

This year I have been making and selling, along with my regular boxes, tissue box covers. The Cube shaped ones. I inlay images into the front of them. I make them of cedar and sell them for $10 each. They sell well. $10 is a good price point at the farmer's market i attend every Saturday. I have also sold a bunch more toys there. $5 and $6 each. Last week I sold over $100 worth of just toys.
    I guess it pays to continue to try new things.
    Life is good.......and interesting.
    Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,15" Jet
    You may have your PHD but I have my GED and my DD 214""

Always fun to try new things.
    Denny
    ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

New things creates repeat customers!
      Rolf
      RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
      Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
      Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
      And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

JohnB used to sell a lot of tissue box covers when he was doing his weekly markets. Always thought about doing some.

Good to hear the toys are hitting for you.
        Jim
        When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
        Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

That's what I've been doing in my downtime, making new items. I only have a Peachfest in August and fill in at a farmers market on Sat & Sun as needed. From Oct to Dec 24 I have 2 weekends free. Some weekends are 3 days at 2 different places. Sure hope Bruce is finished with the kitchen by then. And if anyone thinks quilling is just "twirling some paper and making shapes" you would be wrong!!! But that's coming along.
          Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

A slow sales day today so I had time to take a photo of part of my display. These are the tissue boxes I offer. sold six of them today. Tissue boxes.jpg

Comment

They look great, keep up the good work, RJ
              Life Begins @ 190 MPH

Comment

At one time I made and sold a bunch of drink coasters the shape of the state of Texas. Two weeks ago a shopper asked if I had any left and I did not. So I made some and today I sold over $100 worth of them. Never do know what will sell! And when.

Comment

This is a thread about the "business side" of our hobby so I want to mention that I find making and selling $5-$10 items is MUCH more lucrative than making very nice wall hung art. A few examples are: I can make rubber band shooters, at four per hour, and sell the four for $20. (using free wood scraps my total material cost is twelve cents for the four) (clothespins)
                  I make and sell drink coasters, the shape of Texas, four for $6. The four cost me less than twenty cents to make. I stack cut them, so my labor is low on these.
                  I am also making tissue box covers that I sell for $10 each and cost me $2.21 to make. My time is almost free, because I am retired and this is actually a hobby for me, but it takes me about and hour to make and finish each of these.
                  I have also made some fridge magnets that I sell for $2 and cost me eighteen cents to make. (the magnet) I use cutouts from my inlays for these.
                  Cannot get rich doing this but I do have a very well funded hobby that keeps me very busy. (For me staying busy is the main purpose of a hobby)

Comment

I really like those tissue box covers. My bread and butter are the ornaments. They are 4" dia x 1/16 thick Stack cut 6 about an hour to cut and finish all 6. the wood is $1.50 for the six packaging material and boxing for 6 $6 so $ 7.50 /6 = $1.25 per ornament sell them for 10 to 12 dollars ea. so I am making $60+ per hour. As you said Jim a well funded Hobby.
                    (17)
                    Rolf
                    RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Thanks for sharing your insight on the business side for a hobby person. I always like to read and see what others do and their thought process. I love the different projects everyone does - and you are right - you never know what is going to sell. Those small purchases are "impulse" purchases for sure. People are much more willing to part with $5 - $10 versus $50 - $100.
                      Melanie from East TN

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X