Kicked out of farmers market

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kicked out of farmers market

Yep, you read that right. What did I do wrong? I live in the wrong county. After they came to me almost 3 years ago because they needed artisans, was there for 2 years in rain, snow, heat so bad that I almost passed out they had the nerve to do that. Needless to say, I didn't go quietly. They told me 2 weeks before opening. Come to find out, someone was complaining I was making too much money!! But I made lemonade out of lemons. Actually, Bruce is making kitchen cabinets!!! I'm doing one show a month until October. From October until Christmas Eve I only have 2 Saturdays off. In November I got into a holiday fair on Sundays in Annapolis along with my farmers mkt on Saturdays and a few others. It's given me time to do quilling and build my inventory. And to stop and smell the roses.
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Pardon my French but that really sucks. I like your attitude. Drink that extra cup of coffee and take the time to listen to the birds and smell the flowers.
    Scott
    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Yes I agree that sucks, RJ
      Life Begins @ 190 MPH

Comment

Sorry to hear about that. There is no accounting for some people.
        Denny
        ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Things happen for a reason. I know my grandson loves his Mimi playing with him more.
          Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

We have a local Farmers Market for local growers to sell their products. No craft vendors yet. My big complaint, most selling there are 'Box Farmers". People who buy wholesale and say they are the growers.
            Denny
            ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy Oaks View Post
              We have a local Farmers Market for local growers to sell their products. No craft vendors yet. My big complaint, most selling there are 'Box Farmers". People who buy wholesale and say they are the growers.
              Those are a special kind of "truck farmers".
              Jim
              When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
              Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

All the farmers markets I do are very strict. They visit the farmers to make sure they grow what they say and all crafters must be juried in. They even came to the house to see the ideas and tools!!! Then we have the box farmers. I must say I did stock my freezer last summer and am just about out of everything. Nothing like fresh string beans in January!!!
                Last edited by will8989; 06-18-2017, 10:54 AM.
                Betty

Comment

Originally posted by will8989 View Post
                  . Nothing like fresh string beans in January!!!
                  A little Indiana sweet corn at Christmas dinner is always appreciated.
                  Jim
                  When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
                  Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Silver queen in this area.
                    Betty

Comment

There are a lot worse past times than finding a moment to smell the roses.
                      What's done is done and soon put behind you.
                      Incidents like this often push you in a different direction with more excitement or challenges on the horizon. plus it sounds like you have plenty going on to keep your mind occupied.
                      Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
                      - Albert Einstein

Comment

Exactly Jim. Their loss my gain. Except they keep tagging me on Facebook to see what happened yesterday. That's ok I have a plan for that too. 😇😇
                        Betty

Comment

Sunday we drove to the Annapolis Farmers mkt just to say hi and buy a few things. While there, I was talking to the lady who gave me my app and she informed me they have a vacancy on the next 4 Saturdays, was I interested in filling in. I took 3 of the 4 days. Looking forward to it.
                          Betty

Comment

When one door closes another door opens, good luck, RJ
                            Life Begins @ 190 MPH

Comment

Heard it was 100+ there. Stay cool!!!
                              Betty

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X