Spring Shows

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Shows

I've heard from some folks that Spring shows have been a bust, especially in the North. Some said weather was not a factor.

But I'm here to tell ya that so far the Spring shows I've done here in the South have been fantastic. The show in Fairhope, AL was a record setter. Too good because it was exhausting to prepare for the the next show in an Atlanta suburb last weekend. That show was good too. Next show is Mother's Day and then again on Memorial Day weekend.

Next year I won't sign up for 4 Spring shows unless I know I will have enough to sell.

I must say the show we did in Acworth, GA last weekend was very well organized. Splash is the sponsor. We showed up Saturday AM at 7 to register/unload. They had volunteers that unloaded everything and I moved the truck to vendor parking within 10-15 minutes. Then when we took down on Sunday PM there were volunteers that helped us take down the tent and load the truck. It was wonderful. And during the show volunteers came around with water/soft drinks and snacks - apples, bananas, chips, granola bars etc. The show sponsors are truly amazing. Third show we have done with them.

bb
    Regards,
    Brian

visit us at Pickens Puzzles: www.pickenspuzzles.com

Weather has a LOT to do with it. When it is 40 degrees rainy and windy NOBODY wants to be outside hehe, That was yesterday, Today the sun was out for a bit in the late afternoon and it got to 50- 55. Glad that you have had a good show.

DW
    Life is hard. It is even harder when you are being stupid.
    John Wayne

Comment

I have seen and even sold at the few spring and summer shows in my area. A couple were very well organized. Based on my experiences people in general are not in the same buying mood as in the Nov / Dec season. Weather is always a factor in any show.
      Last edited by NC Scroller; 04-16-2017, 12:13 PM.
      Scott
      Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• tgiro01
        Reply to Business Cards
        tgiro01
        I print mine using folded card stock. I keep around a dozen in each car and set out 40 - 50 at each showing ( and have run out a coupe times). I know they work because people come back - email or call.

Here is the outside and inside of the cards...
        Today, 08:50 PM
      • Wild Bill
        Reply to My 56 Chevy project
        Wild Bill
        Very nice. I think I know what is giving the bad eye. The front bumper needs to have a small bit shaved off on the right side. It looks as if there is a bump hanging down. I see it in the picture also. I think that it has to do with the lighting. I would take a straight edge and lay it on the...
        Today, 07:12 PM
      • hotshot
        Reply to My 56 Chevy project
        hotshot
        What is this "fuming" method?
        Today, 03:51 PM
      • Sandy Oaks
        Reply to Dream Catcher with Butterfly
        Sandy Oaks
        This item was purchased at ArtCrafters today. I may have to make more.
        Today, 03:21 PM
      • Rolf
        Reply to vet THANK YOU
        Rolf
        i am sure they appreciated them! They look great.
        Today, 03:17 PM
      Working...
      X