Spring Shows

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Shows

I've heard from some folks that Spring shows have been a bust, especially in the North. Some said weather was not a factor.

But I'm here to tell ya that so far the Spring shows I've done here in the South have been fantastic. The show in Fairhope, AL was a record setter. Too good because it was exhausting to prepare for the the next show in an Atlanta suburb last weekend. That show was good too. Next show is Mother's Day and then again on Memorial Day weekend.

Next year I won't sign up for 4 Spring shows unless I know I will have enough to sell.

I must say the show we did in Acworth, GA last weekend was very well organized. Splash is the sponsor. We showed up Saturday AM at 7 to register/unload. They had volunteers that unloaded everything and I moved the truck to vendor parking within 10-15 minutes. Then when we took down on Sunday PM there were volunteers that helped us take down the tent and load the truck. It was wonderful. And during the show volunteers came around with water/soft drinks and snacks - apples, bananas, chips, granola bars etc. The show sponsors are truly amazing. Third show we have done with them.

bb
    Regards,
    Brian

visit us at Pickens Puzzles: www.pickenspuzzles.com

Weather has a LOT to do with it. When it is 40 degrees rainy and windy NOBODY wants to be outside hehe, That was yesterday, Today the sun was out for a bit in the late afternoon and it got to 50- 55. Glad that you have had a good show.

DW
    Life is hard. It is even harder when you are being stupid.
    John Wayne

Comment

I have seen and even sold at the few spring and summer shows in my area. A couple were very well organized. Based on my experiences people in general are not in the same buying mood as in the Nov / Dec season. Weather is always a factor in any show.
      Last edited by NC Scroller; 04-16-2017, 12:13 PM.
      Scott
      Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

There is a spring , once a year, sale that I have attended and it sold "just OK". I have a farmers market that I attend, and the first spring sales do very well. It tapers off as the summer wears on. Best sails are in the fall.
        Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,15" Jet
        You may have your PHD but I have my GED and my DD 214""

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• turtleteasers
          Reply to Triangular Pieces
          turtleteasers
          [What blade for this?]

I used a Pegas 2/0 skip tooth blade for this and all my 1/4" plywood puzzles. Any 2/0 blade will give similar results, as long as it is a simple blade which cuts only on the down-stroke. I stick with Pegas because I have found them to be consistent....
          Today, 12:16 PM
        • Rolf
          Reply to Triangular Pieces
          Rolf
          Lots of Wow's here also. What blade for this?
          Today, 10:20 AM
        • Rolf
          Reply to Black lacquer
          Rolf
          Are you thinking spray or brush? If it is a big grain you will need to use a grain filler, I have never used a filler so can't help much there. This may help a bit.

http://www.woodweb.com/knowledge_bas...k_Lacquer.html
          Today, 10:16 AM
        • Rolf
          Reply to Kitchen cabinets officially started today!!!
          Rolf
          Looking good! What will you do with the shelf edges?
          Today, 10:11 AM
        • campasano
          Reply to Whirligig
          campasano
          Rolf, I use White pine or Cedar but the most important aspect is the painting technique. I always put on a white primer, use fine steel wool to remove imperfections, Apply exterior outdoor paint, rub fine steel wool after each application when dry and final finish I apply clear poly ( spray can )...
          Today, 09:59 AM
        Working...
        X