Recent Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent Shows

I thought I'd start a thread where we can tell each other about recent shows now and over the next few weeks.

This past Saturday, I was at my second show of the year. (The first was a two day outdoor show in early September. The estimates were 30,000 visitors, and I had my best sales ever - 10x my booth fee of $100.00.)

The show this past Saturday is put on by a local church preschool. Other than a few of their teachers. they've eliminated alot of the catalog/party based vendors (31 bags, pampered chef, etc.) so everything is hand made. It runs from 9:00 to 2:30. My sales were higher than that of my 2 day event!

People are looking for quality hand crafted items fairly priced.

Congratulations on two great events. But I see no pictures

My first event will be the 3 days after Thanksgiving, It is consignment so I won't have to be there. My regular (only) event will be Dec 6.
    Last edited by Rolf; 11-12-2014, 11:21 AM.
    Rolf
    RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Good luck with your shows Rolf.

Pictures are still on my phone. I'll post a few when I get time.

My best sellers again were the 3d nature ornaments and the gift card holders, both priced at $5.00.

The surprising thing was I had 5 of Sue Mey's new 18" tall Nativity Trees (stack cut out of 1/8 bb - see pic below) priced at $35.00 - I sold out of them in the first 2 hours and could have probably sold at least 3 more. I have an order for one to be shipped at the end of the week, so I'm busy after the real job trying to more cut.
      Attached Files

Comment

Had a one day church show on 11/01. Been doing this same show for 8 years. It is show that is 100% hand made by the vendor show. Made more then 30X my booth of $35. Pics already posted.

Have another show coming this weekend that is a mixed vendor community sponsored show. It is a two day.
        Scott
        Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

I finally had time to load my pictures from that show from my phone. They aren't very good but here they are.
          Attached Files

Comment

Wow a great selection. No wonder you did well. To me this is a key. Not everyone likes the same thing so you need a good mix of products.
            Scott
            Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Beautiful work and a wonderful selection.

Lou
              www.woodbylouise.ca

Comment

Well I am done for the season, almost . We had a great fair today. I do owe 8 ornaments and three moose ornaments. The fair was from ten to three, we were swamped almost the entire time. My wife handles all of the sales while talk about the hobby. Pictures will be posted tomorrow.
                Rolf

Comment

I have no photos, but yesterday, I did my last scheduled sale of the year. It was an indoor sale, in a very small desert town, here in west Texas. Very few shoppers but I still managed to have gross sales exceeding thirteen times the space rent, so I call it a good day for me.
                  Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,
                  "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

I may try a show next year. My husband and I have been checking a particular one out for the past few years to see what kinds of things they have. This "show" has 3..one in the spring, then one in the summer and the last in the fall. Of the shows we have gone to we have not seen any lathe or SS crafts so it may be a good idea to give it a try. Plus I have a few boxes of crafts that I have made that have no home. :-) My husband does a lot mission style craft work as well which works well in the type of area that we live in.
                    Susan

"It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see."

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Here are a few pictures as promised. If any of you are making the Moose for sale, MAKE MORE, everyone that sees it wants one. I did sell them for $20 and only had three. The ribbon boxes are also very popular as is the nativity with candles. The turned bird houses, also popular. I had my clock setup to stir conversation, most people have trouble believing that it was done with a scroll saw. the last picture is my sisters table with all of her paintings and hand painted ornaments. That is my niece in the photo. My other sister was on the end of the row with her knited items, it is a family affair.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Rolf; 12-07-2014, 11:13 AM.
                      Rolf

Comment

Well, I had to back out of a show yesterday due to being sick. Wasn't so bad, but hubby was also sick and we just threw in the towel. No problem though. I will be back at the Ag center next Saturday for my last show of the year. and to deliver my orders. FINALLY! Mark, your work on the tree is lovely. I would price it at $50. You may sell a few less but will make the same amount or more. Did you time to see how long it took to cut? I know you stack cut it, but still way too low in price.
                        Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Hope you both feel better soon.! Betty and thanks for talking me into increasing my price on the moose to $20.
                          Rolf

Comment

If you don't mind me asking how much do you sell those animal leaf patterns for? I've done a few myself and am not sure on a price. Thanks
                            Jacob

Hegner Multimax-18

Comment

Originally posted by Rolf View Post
                              Here are a few pictures as promised. If any of you are making the Moose for sale, MAKE MORE, everyone that sees it wants one. I did sell them for $20 and only had three. The ribbon boxes are also very popular as is the nativity with candles. The turned bird houses, also popular. I had my clock setup to stir conversation, most people have trouble believing that it was done with a scroll saw. the last picture is my sisters table with all of her paintings and hand painted ornaments. That is my niece in the photo. My other sister was on the end of the row with her knited items, it is a family affair.
                              Love the shutters on the table ends. Very cool
                              Jacob

Hegner Multimax-18

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                                Reply to Phone call from son.
                                by will8989
                                Talked to him yesterday after he was coherent. Very fortunately, it was dc current. He said ac current and would have ended differently. And it wasn’t a house. It was a converter box in a marina located on a deck cut into a 20’ high steep bank. They had to climb a ladder to get to it. And they were...
                                Yesterday, 10:53 PM
                              • garryatpa
                                Reply to A Bear In The Woods
                                by garryatpa
                                Wow!!!! That is beautiful. Super job of sawing. If I worked it out correctly it took you less than a minute for each opening especially when I look at the amount of time it would take to saw the outline of the bear. Garry
                                Yesterday, 10:43 PM
                              • meflick
                                Reply to Phone call from son.
                                by meflick
                                Glad to hear your son is fine Betty but what a scary thing.
                                Yesterday, 01:10 PM
                              • meflick
                                Reply to Hello from Central Florida
                                by meflick
                                Welcome to the forum from another Tennessean....
                                Yesterday, 01:04 PM
                              • John Smith
                                Reply to Hello from Central Florida
                                by John Smith
                                Thanks guys, I have a lot of HDU left over from my sign business in various thicknesses.
                                HDU doesn't "fuse" or repair itself under heat or friction. Only acrylics and some PVC materials do that. Depending on what part of the world you are in, you would have to google HDU Distributors...
                                Yesterday, 10:01 AM
                              Working...
                              X