Patterns on this site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patterns on this site

I'm just making sure before I do it. I'm making a website and posting pics of the things I've made and want to post the patterns I have also, not to sell the patterns, but for potential cutomers to order the finished product. Is it ok or legal to post patterns for the purpose of selling the finished product resulting from the patterns? Don
    Don

Only if you created the pattern. If it is someone else's pattern then no you would be copyright infringing. Not even a thumbnail of their pattern should be used unless you have written permission from the original designer in your hands.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Can I cut the piece, post a pic of the finished product, not the pattern and display it as something I can sell?
      Don

Comment

Yes of course... Unless the original designer states..."For Personal Use Only"
        "Still Montana Mike"

Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

You're going to be better off with an actual picture of what the finished product will look like than a picture of the pattern, anyway.

Comment

I agree. Sue Mey, Sheila Landry and Steve Good have graciously allowed me to post a pic of their finished product of the patterns I have purchased or aquired from them on my site. I think it acually looks good. I guess since they are finished products and not line drawings. Don
            Don

Comment

OK I have a similar question. since I'm just getting into this (and really enjoying it!) - can I sell items I've made from patterns either found here or in the magazine/books? such as at a local craft fair? Or do I need to keep everything completely original to sell it?

Comment

MDB,
                Once again if the pattern you are working from says personal use only then you are prohibited from selling the item however if it does not specifically state that, feel free to sell away. Best of luck and I hope you wil share some of your work with us.

tdub4ever, you should share your website with us. Would love to see what you have been up to.
                "Still Montana Mike"

Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• jim_mex
                  Reply to Big week here
                  by jim_mex
                  Hi Jim - A nice story regarding your son biting the bullet. Congrats to all!

Re your upcoming retirement. I wasn't really looking forward to mine but to be honest, apart from being home based due to this darn virus, I've gotten accustomed to getting up in the morning and deciding what I...
                  Today, 03:32 PM
                • Quartz43
                  Reply to New tools
                  by Quartz43
                  You have found out about retirement. Busy, busy and busy. And you need more tools!
                  Today, 03:29 PM
                • wjbclocks1
                  Reply to Big week here
                  by wjbclocks1
                  Enjoy life, Congrat....
                  Today, 01:30 PM
                • Jim McDonald
                  Reply to New tools
                  by Jim McDonald
                  Good luck getting ANY of that garden space!
                  Today, 01:24 PM
                • Jim McDonald
                  Big week here
                  by Jim McDonald
                  Well friends quite a week here on the prairie.
                  Long back story, but our son was adamant we get a fast response COVID test last Saturday, so we could attend an outdoor gathering of his girlfrigirlfriend's family. About an hour into the ATV and dirt bike riding, he got off the 4-wheeler and dropped...
                  Today, 01:20 PM
                Working...
                X