Great App for Square Users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great App for Square Users

For those out there using Square on an Android smartphone there is a app (Square Merchant) that allows the input of multiple items which can be broken up into categories. This is something Square has been supposedly working on for over a year now. They have recently launched Register but it is for the Ipad only and as much I'd like an Ipad I just can't justify the expense right now.

I am in no way affiliated with this app or the person who made it, just wanted to share something that I think will make life easier when we're out at the shows.
    Don

An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
    Benjamin Franklin

At twenty years of age the will reigns; at thirty, the wit; and at forty, the judgment.
    Benjamin Franklin

A great empire, like a great cake, is most easily diminished at the edges.
    Benjamin Franklin

www.dogwoodstudiosnh.com

Have you had any problem using square? We have been at shows and the satellite wasn't in the right place and they couldn't process any charges.
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

I use a square in my shop. To keep straight lines.
      FD Mike
      SD Mike

Comment

Hi Betty,

Haven't had a problem with it yet. Had a few shows I was concerned about having signal (benefits of living where I do) but with one bar on the phone it worked like a champ. Haven't had any issues getting paid either and it let's you track cash sales which is real handy.

My biggest complaints have been the time to input the information, especially when you have a customer in a hurry or several in line to buy something. The nice thing with Square is the ability to have both a picture and a description of the items purchased. I always put the information into the description of what sold so I reduce the potential of someone challenging the charge because they forgot what they bought and it helps me to track what I sold. The problem is you had to enter it in each and every time which takes time. Multiple item sales aren't handled that well either, you have to do the math and enter in one price and when it's hectic, you have to slow down so as not to make a mistake which only increases the pressure. This app should solve all of this for me. All of the descriptions will be done once and when I sell one it transfers the description on each item and totals all of the prices so I won't have to.

The only other item I have been cautious about is customer service. Square handles it all through email and twitter. I have yet to have to contact them for anything more than a few more signs for the booth which I received within a week. At 4 billion in processed transactions they have to be doing something right. I also just saw Paypal enter this game this past week also with their version called Paypal Here. For now I'm sticking with Square.

@Mike......you crack me up.....straight lines in the shop aren't a problem...it's trying to keep the books straight that I use this Square for
        Don

An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
        Benjamin Franklin

At twenty years of age the will reigns; at thirty, the wit; and at forty, the judgment.
        Benjamin Franklin

A great empire, like a great cake, is most easily diminished at the edges.
        Benjamin Franklin

www.dogwoodstudiosnh.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Quartz43
          Reply to New tools
          by Quartz43
          I have an implanted spinal cord stimulator to help with back pain. They also have warnings about welding. I could not get one when I was working in an electric furnace steelmaking shop as the electrodes were over 1000 amps and volts. I have also decided to stay away from welding as I just do not...
          Today, 03:40 PM
        • hotshot
          Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
          by hotshot
          You did a great job on that video. You speak and explain well!...
          Today, 02:27 PM
        • RJweb
          Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
          by RJweb
          I am glad it is all working out for you, RJ...
          Today, 01:31 PM
        • Linda In Phoenix
          Shrink wrap systems
          by Linda In Phoenix
          What do you use to shrink wrap, and what do you use it on? Lately in the puzzles section I've seen a couple of you mention shrink wrapping. I've considered such a leap. Even though the basics are all similar from manufacturer to manufacturer, it's still leaves some questions. Maybe others have...
          Today, 11:51 AM
        • Linda In Phoenix
          Reply to Sundays market
          by Linda In Phoenix
          Brrrr. Glad you got to sell a little. I miss the people interaction. A lot. I hope you found some pretty pieces of wood at the store!
          Today, 11:39 AM
        Working...
        X