Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tax time

Hello All,
    Started my small business and got my state board tax Id. The wife uses turbo tax but now I have the small business. I SEE THAT TURBO TAX has a small business software. So my question is what do you folks use. Thanks

I have used H & R Block, but am interested in knowing if Turbo Tax works out. I was thinking about doing everything on line for Turbo tax, but just not submitting it so that I could compare it to what H & R Block did. I want to do my taxes properly - I do claim the "business" and pay all appropriate taxes - but I wish I didn't have to pay so much just to submit my returns.

DG Dewalt 788

Comment

I guess my wife is trying tax act she says we can file for free. She is having a pretty tough time of all of the deductions such as utilities and cell phone office products like paper and ink and man when I start adding up all the wood and stuff WOW! WHAT A LOT OF MONEY THAT I SPENT LOL

Comment

You can use a spread sheet throughout the year and categorize your expenditures and save a bunch of time & effort this time of year trying to sort out your costs for taxes. I keep mine up to date and it sure makes it easier. I use H & R Block for my taxes.
        "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
        Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

I have been using Turbo Tax home and business for about 5 years now and I find it very easy to use.
          Mark
          Proud new owner of an EX-21

WWW.MGMWOODWORKS.COM

Comment

I also use Turbo Tax Home Business. Works for me but I have a really small business.
            Ron

My sawdust gallery

Comment

I use plain old Turbo tax ( well my wife does it). Just put my craft sales income and expenses under "other income"
              Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,
              "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

I never considered myself a buisness but I probably should if I want to start doing more shows. What is the benefit to filing as a buisness? Do you usually end up paying in? Does it boost your return at all?
                Keith

Comment

paying in?

for me no after the wife put in our income in it said we should get back $800 then after we put in the expenses it jumped up to $1200 she still has to finish though but it all depends on where you set in the the income bracket I guess. I shopped around it would cost me $200-$300 for someone to do my taxes.

Comment

Don't forget that mileage deduction. This can make a big difference in what you get back. I use H&R Block. I had them do my taxes for 2 years than just signed up on line with them and continued to do them myself.
                    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

I enter all my expenses and revenue into Quicken throughout the year as they occur. At tax time, I use Turbo Tax Home & Business. I don't import one from the other as I have made my own categories (to make more work for myself no doubt). But I can print up reports from Quicken then use those numbers to put into turbo tax
                      Janette
                      www.square-designs.com

Comment

My wife does ours. She was trained by H&R Block and worked for them a couple of years. She now owns an embroidey shop. I have a machine shop. We don't pay taxes thru the year, so we pay a small fee each year on this. She has used the H&R Block and the Tubro tax programs in the past few years. She said the Turbo Tax (home and business) that she used this year was the easiest and best she has ever used. We did get more deductions then in past years as the program has a lot of added info on deductions.
                        As a side note, we do our taxes by the book, don't want any trouble with the fed's.

Mike

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X