Nice phone call this morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice phone call this morning

My wife received a very nice call from a store I have been placing trivets and band saw boxes in for several months. I knew they had sold a couple boxes and I needed to replace them. Well it turns out they did better than that, they sold everything I placed there and their customers are asking for more....So I have 15 more boxes and a couple dozen trivets I will drop off to see what they wish to try in the store. Since I am not doing the Farmers Market for awhile, I am trying out these high end stores on the Island. Takes a little longer to sell items, but so far they have all sold...can't believe they are able to get the prices, but I will take it any way I can get it. Need to purchase more wood and a good flew sanding system.
    Hawaiilad
    Larry

That is a good call to get. Seems like you may have to raise your prices just a bit...
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Congratulations, Larry. Looks like you got your super new dust mask just in time to fill all those orders!
      Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

I was in the shop working about 2 hours this morning doing some finish up of a few boxes and glue ups for 4 new designs I have drawn. Wore the Trend both hours. Yea it was a bit warm, but after a few minutes, it cooled down. The fresh air blowing on your face helps. I thought when I would tighten up the head band it might start a headace, but nothing like that. You tighten and then just release it a bit...doesn't seem to slide around on my head and I had leaned over a few times without loosing it. Just have to get more used to wearing it. There is a bit of a noise with the motor running and not being able to hear the wife when she walks comes into the shop talking...but I have been saying for years I can't hear when she talks
        Hawaiilad
        Larry

Comment

Fantastic news, Larry! Hope you are up to replacing all your inventory.
          Mtnman Jim

taking life as it comes and trying to make the best of it

Comment

That is really great that you are getting sales in the store. Success: when opportunity meets preparation.
            Got Moose?

Comment

Good for you Larry, it doesn't surprise me since you do such beautiful work.
              What is a "good flew sanding system."?
              Regarding hearing I was also telling my wife I could not hear her then I made the mistake of leaving my hearing test results on the table which shows nothing wrong with my hearing. Busted.
              Rolf
              RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
              Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
              Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
              And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Yes, dears!!!

Sue

Comment

Congratulations Larry. That is wonderful news.
                  Diane
                  Dragon
                  Owner of a nice 21" Excalibur
                  Owner of a Dewalt 788
                  PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

Congradulations!

Comment

Nice to hear Larry...!!
                      Congratulations...!!!

Remember...,"Use the force young Jedi"...heheh
                      Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
                      No task is too tedious for Art.
                      Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
                      Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

Did you say something, Larry? LOL
                        Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Well I made a delivery today to the Gallery that had sold out of items I took in about a month ago. Sure was nice to get that check for nearly $500. I took allot more than I have been taking just to see what they wanted. They ended up buying another $500 and taking over $900 on consignment...which I don't mind because they sell all of it. Here I was trying to build up stock to place in another gallery the first place nearly cleans me out. It is good to see items selling once again. It is a heavy tourist area...with some of the earnings I took the wife to a nice lunch and we watched tons of Japanese and Chinese tourists walking around. At least those Countries have money to spend. Now I can buy allot more wood and get back to making more boxes...Oh yea, they also placed an order for many of the new designs I been working on while being laid up. So if I can do this, you can as well...
                          Hawaiilad
                          Larry

Comment

Wow! You deserve every bit of it. Your boxes are wonderful. Now your wife will know where you are. Let us know when you come up for air! Congratulations!!!!!!!

Jan

Comment

Conga rats Larry. Great news from the islands.
                              Glad to hear of your success.
                              Pacifism is great, as long as everyone is participating.

StephenD

The Southern Arizona Woodturners Association
                              Desert Woodcrafters
                              Grandpa for the 7 most amazing children.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X