Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NC Scroller
    replied
    Kim does raise a very good point. No matter how bad things get people seem to spend money on their pets. For some pets are their family. So items like food bowl stands, leash holders, pet pictures and the like will sell.

Leave a comment:

• lkbraa
    replied
    This is just my two cents...but I suspect sales are slow everywhere the first part of the year and into spring as it seems everyone is trying to re-coop from the holidays and of course the dreaded tax season. My experience has been that they do not purchase a lot of decorative/ornamental artwork but will spend some money on functional pieces such as boxes, mirrors, bowls/platters etc. Lower price point items such as bookmarks, charms, keychains, magnets and such seem to sell in this area also. For some reason, even tho the economy is slow, people will spend money on animal/pet orientated items.

Like I said, just my two cents...good luck and let us know how it goes...oh, and show us picts of what you come up with.

Leave a comment:

• NC Scroller
    replied
    Like Mike said many items will sell except Christmas ornaments. I find birds, fish and horse items do well. Also try puzzles and framed pictures.

Leave a comment:

• wood-n-things
    replied
    I don't have very good luck with ornaments not during the season. Your local may very well drive your sales. Horse items in a horse area, dogs things, crosses, puzzles, bandsaw boxes, car and trucks, plaques....The ideas are endless, it all depends on your quality, merchandising and the customers willingness to buy.

Leave a comment:

• jpedersm
    started a topic Selling during the summer?

Selling during the summer?

What items mostly sell in shows from April to Jully. I want to attend a show early summer, but don't know what to focus on making. I was going to do some puzzeles and ornaments, but do the ornaments sell all year around good or just during the fall?

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Jo Labre
    Reply to Joining the new tool frenzy
    by Jo Labre
    I cut a bunch of chakte viga and leopardwood pieces for the Viking project and the blade seems pretty good yet. I imagine if I were to only cut softer hardwoods (?) the blade would last quite a long time. Still - $25.00 is a lot more than the cost of standard scroll saw blades....
    Today, 02:36 PM
  • old fa_t
    Reply to Old,,,,but new here
    by old fa_t
    The room was supposed to be storage but it's my office? now with a roll top desk and a barristers bookcase.which I built when I was able.
    Today, 01:55 PM
  • Rolf
    Reply to Joining the new tool frenzy
    by Rolf
    Very nice! I really like your setup especially for the dust collection. I would have to figure out a way to re-weld the blade.
    And Oh to have wall space and organizational skills!
    Today, 09:55 AM
  • Rolf
    Reply to Old,,,,but new here
    by Rolf
    Welcome! As the others have said, lots of support and knowledge here ready to be shared.
    Is the 6 x10 your workspace or your entire apartment. ?
    Today, 09:34 AM
  • Rolf
    Reply to Log slice ornaments
    by Rolf
    Most of the cut outs were done with the scroll saw.
    Karl I have a couple of power carvers. The classic Dremel with a flex shaft I then bought a Ram Power carver, they both use 1/8 shank bits. I have a bunch of carbide cutters from when our Printed circuit board facility at work was dismantled....
    Today, 09:29 AM
Working...
X