Selling during the summer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling during the summer?

What items mostly sell in shows from April to Jully. I want to attend a show early summer, but don't know what to focus on making. I was going to do some puzzeles and ornaments, but do the ornaments sell all year around good or just during the fall?

I don't have very good luck with ornaments not during the season. Your local may very well drive your sales. Horse items in a horse area, dogs things, crosses, puzzles, bandsaw boxes, car and trucks, plaques....The ideas are endless, it all depends on your quality, merchandising and the customers willingness to buy.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Like Mike said many items will sell except Christmas ornaments. I find birds, fish and horse items do well. Also try puzzles and framed pictures.
      Scott
      Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

This is just my two cents...but I suspect sales are slow everywhere the first part of the year and into spring as it seems everyone is trying to re-coop from the holidays and of course the dreaded tax season. My experience has been that they do not purchase a lot of decorative/ornamental artwork but will spend some money on functional pieces such as boxes, mirrors, bowls/platters etc. Lower price point items such as bookmarks, charms, keychains, magnets and such seem to sell in this area also. For some reason, even tho the economy is slow, people will spend money on animal/pet orientated items.

Like I said, just my two cents...good luck and let us know how it goes...oh, and show us picts of what you come up with.
        ~ Kim

A day in my shop is like a day at the beach...full of sunshine and ya never know where the sawdust may end up!

www.gonecoastalart.com

Comment

Kim does raise a very good point. No matter how bad things get people seem to spend money on their pets. For some pets are their family. So items like food bowl stands, leash holders, pet pictures and the like will sell.
          Scott
          Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• wjbclocks1
            Reply to Big week here
            by wjbclocks1
            Enjoy life, Congrat....
            Today, 01:30 PM
          • Jim McDonald
            Reply to New tools
            by Jim McDonald
            Good luck getting ANY of that garden space!
            Today, 01:24 PM
          • Jim McDonald
            Big week here
            by Jim McDonald
            Well friends quite a week here on the prairie.
            Long back story, but our son was adamant we get a fast response COVID test last Saturday, so we could attend an outdoor gathering of his girlfrigirlfriend's family. About an hour into the ATV and dirt bike riding, he got off the 4-wheeler and dropped...
            Today, 01:20 PM
          • Quartz43
            Reply to Carved Fretwork Pumpkin
            by Quartz43
            Earlier, I posted a question on where to get them. Someone suggested Amazon and that is where I got them.
            Today, 01:08 PM
          • jim_mex
            New tools
            by jim_mex
            Hi all - our recent home remodeling project has involved me getting back into my workshed after a lengthy absence to do some work to 'assist' the workmen on the job plus I now have a string of home furniture projects to look at undertaking now we have moved back into our home.

I decided...
            Today, 01:07 PM
          Working...
          X