Toy Maker's Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toy Maker's Insurance

Curious... I was thinking about making some toys, puzzles specifically for working with some Autistic children and children with other learning disabilities. A doctor friend said that he would be interested and it could be a nich in the market if done right. However, a lawyer friend said that I would need probably $10K or more insurance a year if I put my name on them and sold them for use with children!!! How do you other scrollers that make and sell toys and puzzles get around the libality issues concerning injuries or choking hazards from your products?
    ichibob
    aka - Bob, USAF Ret.
    www.grandpaswoodshed.com

Cost me $800 a year for minimum coverage . ( $300,000 per incedent $500 deductable).
    Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,
    "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

You will also should comply with the Federal toy safety rules found here:
      http://www.cpsc.gov/info/toysafety/index.html

There are numerous threads about these rules on this forum.
      Scott
      Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Thank you Jim and Scott, for your inputs. Looks like I have more investigative work to do and some thinking to do about this venture. I appreciate your inputs though.
        Bob
        ichibob
        aka - Bob, USAF Ret.
        www.grandpaswoodshed.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• KarlB
          Reply to Cutting Styles
          by KarlB
          Sweet looking display. Excellent examples of the puzzles.

Karl
          Today, 09:18 PM
        • Tom in Ashland
          Fiona Kingdon pattern from Summer issue
          by Tom in Ashland
          Quarter inch BB with Red Gum (Australian Eucalyptus) veneer. My first attempt at veneering and there are a couple spots where there was not quit enough glue so small pieces of the veneer came off....
          Today, 07:59 PM
        • millwab
          Cutting Styles
          by millwab
          In preparation for a scrolling demonstration I decided to make up a piece that would show the different ways I've cut puzzles. It's 2 layers of 1/8" BB. The puzzles were cut out as tray puzzles and then glued back in so pieces wouldn't get lost as it was handled.
          Today, 04:41 PM
        • jim_mex
          Reply to Workshop extension and major facelift - a work in progress - update at 13 April
          by jim_mex
          Update at 13 AprilIts been almost a month since my last post and my shop extension is progressing albeit slowly largely due to me nibbling at it on a regular basis rather than sticking with it and going full blast to get it finished.

The outside
          of the extension is almost finished apart...
          Today, 03:45 PM
        • Rolf
          Reply to New Toy!
          by Rolf
          Quartz I only bought the air filter, That same model is sold by many distributors, I see Grizzly has it and several others. I was going to build one but this thing works great. I will get a charcoal filter for it also. Great when doing Pyrography. They also had a Pfingst brand flex shaft tool I haven't...
          Today, 07:50 AM
        Working...
        X