mini birdhouses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mini birdhouses

i am curious to know if anyone has made these mini's and have had any success at sellin them, and if so, what did you charge, if i may ask that of you? i had a couple people ask me how much i was gonna sell them for, and when i said $10, they kinda veered away...should i drop to $8, or even $5?...i feel like that is a lil low?
    Attached Files

I think a lot would depend on where you plan to sell them as well as your time and material costs.Expect a craft show to reap you more than a flea market.

Comment

Tim check out this link for a birdhouse discussion.
      http://www.scrollsawer.com/forum/bow...ects/39989.htm

and for another use of birdhouses you can make pens too.........
      http://www.scrollsawer.com/forum/bow...ects/40938.htm
      Last edited by Wood Dog; 01-13-2012, 10:46 AM.
      Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

thanx WD, answered my question

Comment

Hi Tim
          A lot depends where you are selling them in the country. I see that out west they are having a huge success selling them.
          I live in TN and do craft shows. I made about 50 of these and since labor day I've done 9 shows asking $8 each for these. Well I get a lot of "oh there are cute" but so far the most I've sold is 2 in one of the shows. Sold a total of 6 in 9 shows. Guess the people in TN are not bird house lovers. I tried 3 different ways to display them and none worked.
          Guess you'll have to try your area.

Bill

Comment

I sell and get $10 a piece and have sold a few dozen.
            Eric

Liberty Twp (Cincinnati), OH

If today were perfect, there would be no need for tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by GladeFade View Post
              Hi Tim
              A lot depends where you are selling them in the country. I see that out west they are having a huge success selling them.
              I live in TN and do craft shows. I made about 50 of these and since labor day I've done 9 shows asking $8 each for these. Well I get a lot of "oh there are cute" but so far the most I've sold is 2 in one of the shows. Sold a total of 6 in 9 shows. Guess the people in TN are not bird house lovers. I tried 3 different ways to display them and none worked.
              Guess you'll have to try your area.

Bill
              I am with Bill here..... Folks in NC and VA love them but won't buy them.
              Scott
              Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

sounds like Georgia might be in that same boat, i got a few of those ‘oh, that’s cute’ or ‘oh, that’s precious’…then i said, no, no, not me, the birdhouses…gigglin...all jokin aside, i’ll try a couple shows this year, and see if i getn any takers, plus i’ll have the ornaments and whatever else i get cut by then….thanx for the advice

Comment

Last year I sold close to 150 of them. I used different woods including Mahogany, Cherry, Walnut, yellowheart, pine, Alder, and maple. I had them priced at $10 or two for $18. People really like a bargain, So most folks bought two for $18. I did three shows and averaged about 50 a show.
                  Dan in So.Ca.

Comment

I'm selling them at $12 each or two for $20 and I am also including a shepard's crook so that they can be placed in a potted plant as well, like the one pictured. I haven't had sales like Dan but I sell a few each show.
                    Attached Files
                    Don

An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
                    Benjamin Franklin

At twenty years of age the will reigns; at thirty, the wit; and at forty, the judgment.
                    Benjamin Franklin

A great empire, like a great cake, is most easily diminished at the edges.
                    Benjamin Franklin

www.dogwoodstudiosnh.com

Comment

I sold the birdhouses for $10 each and they sold very well. However, that was at a late November (read Christmas) show, a fairly high-end, juried show, in a city, which while not large, is the largest one in Atlantic Canada (Halifax). I'll have to wait until later this year to find out whether they sell equally well to a more rural market in October. I sure hope so!

Lou
                      www.woodbylouise.ca

Comment

I'm selling them for $10 each and have sold a few hundred by now. No one seems to balk at the price out here and we're in a hard to sell area.
                        Janette
                        www.square-designs.com

Comment

thanx for the input

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Misouri Wayne
                            Reply to Spiral Blades - Tips & Tricks?
                            by Misouri Wayne
                            Thanks for the post. I have tried spirals in the past and had lots of issues. I need to set down one day and keep cutting with them until I get the hang of it. Part of my problem may have been covered by your number 7. Tried pine thinking it would be easy to cut but now realize the grain may have...
                            Today, 07:05 PM
                          • Sandy Oaks
                            Reply to Eagle
                            by Sandy Oaks
                            I agree, a beautiful piece and wonderful cutting. Years ago, my father had Alzheimer. The last six months we had him in the VA center in St. Cloud MN. His wood work shop is still in MN. I could not take it down to TN....
                            Today, 12:00 PM
                          • Rolf
                            by Rolf
                            I have been using spiral a lot more lately Thanks to Charles Hand stunning designs. I have used them of and on since I started scrolling.
                            They were a real challenge on my Old Delta SS350. cutting straight in and out was easy, trying to cut details going sideways was the problem because of the...
                            Today, 09:16 AM
                          • Jimern
                            by Jimern
                            The best tip I have with spirals is to cut straight lines backwards. instead of pushing the work piece into the blade, pull it toward you. Seems to allow for better control on straight lines (most other lines too)
                            Today, 05:27 AM
                          • Linda In Phoenix
                            Reply to Mexican Covid19 Vaccination logo - my version :)
                            by Linda In Phoenix
                            Go Wylie Coyote!!!
                            Yesterday, 09:19 PM
                          Working...
                          X