mini birdhouses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mini birdhouses

i am curious to know if anyone has made these mini's and have had any success at sellin them, and if so, what did you charge, if i may ask that of you? i had a couple people ask me how much i was gonna sell them for, and when i said $10, they kinda veered away...should i drop to $8, or even $5?...i feel like that is a lil low?
    Attached Files

I think a lot would depend on where you plan to sell them as well as your time and material costs.Expect a craft show to reap you more than a flea market.

Comment

Tim check out this link for a birdhouse discussion.
      http://www.scrollsawer.com/forum/bow...ects/39989.htm

and for another use of birdhouses you can make pens too.........
      http://www.scrollsawer.com/forum/bow...ects/40938.htm
      Last edited by Wood Dog; 01-13-2012, 10:46 AM.
      Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

thanx WD, answered my question

Comment

Hi Tim
          A lot depends where you are selling them in the country. I see that out west they are having a huge success selling them.
          I live in TN and do craft shows. I made about 50 of these and since labor day I've done 9 shows asking $8 each for these. Well I get a lot of "oh there are cute" but so far the most I've sold is 2 in one of the shows. Sold a total of 6 in 9 shows. Guess the people in TN are not bird house lovers. I tried 3 different ways to display them and none worked.
          Guess you'll have to try your area.

Bill

Comment

I sell and get $10 a piece and have sold a few dozen.
            Eric

Liberty Twp (Cincinnati), OH

If today were perfect, there would be no need for tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by GladeFade View Post
              Hi Tim
              A lot depends where you are selling them in the country. I see that out west they are having a huge success selling them.
              I live in TN and do craft shows. I made about 50 of these and since labor day I've done 9 shows asking $8 each for these. Well I get a lot of "oh there are cute" but so far the most I've sold is 2 in one of the shows. Sold a total of 6 in 9 shows. Guess the people in TN are not bird house lovers. I tried 3 different ways to display them and none worked.
              Guess you'll have to try your area.

Bill
              I am with Bill here..... Folks in NC and VA love them but won't buy them.
              Scott
              Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

sounds like Georgia might be in that same boat, i got a few of those ‘oh, that’s cute’ or ‘oh, that’s precious’…then i said, no, no, not me, the birdhouses…gigglin...all jokin aside, i’ll try a couple shows this year, and see if i getn any takers, plus i’ll have the ornaments and whatever else i get cut by then….thanx for the advice

Comment

Last year I sold close to 150 of them. I used different woods including Mahogany, Cherry, Walnut, yellowheart, pine, Alder, and maple. I had them priced at $10 or two for $18. People really like a bargain, So most folks bought two for $18. I did three shows and averaged about 50 a show.
                  Dan in So.Ca.

Comment

I'm selling them at $12 each or two for $20 and I am also including a shepard's crook so that they can be placed in a potted plant as well, like the one pictured. I haven't had sales like Dan but I sell a few each show.
                    Attached Files
                    Don

An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
                    Benjamin Franklin

At twenty years of age the will reigns; at thirty, the wit; and at forty, the judgment.
                    Benjamin Franklin

A great empire, like a great cake, is most easily diminished at the edges.
                    Benjamin Franklin

www.dogwoodstudiosnh.com

Comment

I sold the birdhouses for $10 each and they sold very well. However, that was at a late November (read Christmas) show, a fairly high-end, juried show, in a city, which while not large, is the largest one in Atlantic Canada (Halifax). I'll have to wait until later this year to find out whether they sell equally well to a more rural market in October. I sure hope so!

Lou
                      www.woodbylouise.ca

Comment

I'm selling them for $10 each and have sold a few hundred by now. No one seems to balk at the price out here and we're in a hard to sell area.
                        Janette
                        www.square-designs.com

Comment

thanx for the input

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• hotshot
                            Reply to Conclusion of Hydralic Press Story
                            by hotshot
                            I'll go back and try a light emboss, my main intent here was to stand at the other side of the room and watch the pressure gauge from a distance, and see if it would go full force without leaks, so pressing through a 2/4 wasn't really the plan. A pin size leak at 10,000 psi is a very very dangerous...
                            Today, 10:21 PM
                          • Jim McDonald
                            Reply to Conclusion of Hydralic Press Story
                            by Jim McDonald
                            Glad you got repaired and I am intrigued by the embossing idea.
                            Today, 07:27 PM
                          • RJweb
                            Reply to Farmers market
                            by RJweb
                            Betty, I see you are working the night shift again, good luck on your next farmers market, RJ...
                            Today, 05:45 PM
                          • hotshot
                            Conclusion of Hydralic Press Story
                            by hotshot
                            So, before I traveled to a larger town to find a place that could help me with my hydraulic hose connection, I took the advice of one of the members here and called around to a few auto-parts stores. The stores I called didn't do that kind of thing, however they directed me to a store here in town that...
                            Today, 05:28 PM
                          • Rolf
                            Reply to My first decent furniture project - Welding and woodwork combined
                            by Rolf
                            The auto darkening helmet is a must have in my opinion, especially for the home hobby welders. if you are a pro and do it all the time maybe not.

Couldn't agree more Rolf. The helmet has been a game changer for me.
                            Today, 08:39 AM
                          Working...
                          X