craft show table display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• craft show table display

I would like to know how some of you set up your table at a craft show particularly for fretwork scroll sawing items.
    Is there a book or magazine I can look at for ideas?
    I think I put to many items on the table?

I moved your thread to a more appropriate forum to maximize traffic and get you more responses to your request/question.
    Last edited by wood-n-things; 12-17-2011, 08:46 AM.

Share some pics of your display and perhaps we can offer some suggestions.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Do a search on the forum. Lots of people post pictures of their displays. You can also look under the Scroll Saw Buisness Side link.
      Keith

Comment

If you think you put too many things on the table then you're probably right. I created a stacking shelf system to help add some height to my table display. The idea is like nesting tables so the transport with less space and stack on top on one another. Another good and economical display addition is to use a collapsible shelving system. You can pick one up at a home improvement store for $20 or so. They are plastic and have 4 shelves. Add shelf liners and your good to go for a small investment.

Just a couple ideas that are quick an inexpensive. Do a search as recommended and you will find lots of great ideas. Some are pretty elaborate and require a certain amount of dedication to craft shows to justify the out put of time and money.

The photo shows the stack-able shelves I described and yes the herbal table display is way too crowded
        Attached Files
        Kip

Scrollin' with an Ex-21

http://eco-friendly-woodworks.com/

I WAITED patiently for the Lord; And He inclined to me and heard my cry.
        He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay,
        And He set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm.
        He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God;
        Many will see and fear
        And will trust in the Lord.
        Psalm 40:1-3

Comment

Too much is not a good thing. Your tables should be neat and organized. You do not want the halter-skleter look Cover the tables with a solid color sheet or table cloth to enhance/highlight your work. You can put some various sized boxes under the table cloth to create a tiered display.
          Scott
          Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

All of my items for sale are natural color of the wood. I use no paint nor stain. Just clear finish so I leave my display stands that way also. I have 100 feet of display area that will fit in a 10 x 10 space of can be set up along a wall like this:
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Jim Finn; 12-17-2011, 07:06 PM.
            Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,
            "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

Nothing saying that you have to put everything out all at once. Put out a representative sample of your work and as you sell replace what you sold with something else. Like everyone has been saying too much will turn folks off also you need a variety of things too much of one type and you will limit your customer base.

DW
              Life is hard. It is even harder when you are being stupid.
              John Wayne

Comment

...You can see my display on my gallery... but not only for fretwork. But if you show some pics of your display, I agree with Mike, we can suggest something...
                Have a good day.
                Best regards

Simon MARTIN
                From France

Visit My Gallery:Simon's Album

You can also look at my pyrography galery: Martin's Album

Comment

Jim.

Are those all boxes in your display ? Very nice. Is the dark wood cedar ?

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Tom J. View Post
                    Jim.

Are those all boxes in your display ? Very nice. Is the dark wood cedar ?

Tom
                    Yes, they are cedar boxes 11" x8" x 3" deep. I make a few of Oak also. I display one of each type of box and as they are sold I replace them with back up stock. I have approx 80 different box & inlay designs. I also offer some Intarsia and wall hung crosses and stars. Oh yes, some toys also.
                    Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,
                    "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Chuck Hans
                      Reply to Big week here
                      by Chuck Hans
                      Congrats on all accounts,
                      I have been retired for 21 years and have no regrets. Hope you and your family take full advantage of the well earned time
                      Today, 08:51 PM
                    • cwmagee
                      Reply to New PC keyboard has an error
                      by cwmagee
                      Jim,

Should you ever get bored, you may have found a new retirement/career "Key Board Repair Service"
                      Today, 03:36 PM
                    • Sandy Oaks
                      Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                      by Sandy Oaks
                      So true about letting the blade do to cutting....
                      Today, 02:56 PM
                    • NC Scroller
                      Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                      by NC Scroller
                      I have made a number of those Harvey puzzles. They are a lot of fun. You really need to be patient and let the blade cut. Even the slightest pressure can ruin your puzzle piece fit. My go to is a Pegas #3 MGT....
                      Today, 11:24 AM
                    • NC Scroller
                      Reply to Big week here
                      by NC Scroller
                      Congrats on your pending retirement and gaining a new daughter. I have been retired close to 6 years now and I have no idea where the time went. Yes retirement will mean some adjustment but I can tell you it is the best job I have ever had. By the way. If you think retirement means unlimited shop...
                      Today, 11:18 AM
                    Working...
                    X