Book ends?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book ends?

Has anyone tried making/selling bookends? I have some things in a local shop, and now that Holiday theme stuff is about over, i have to come up with new stuff. Have a few ideas for bookends, but really don't want to make stuff that doesn't move. Appreciate any comments!

Paul
    Last edited by paul44224; 12-19-2011, 06:40 AM.
    www.flicker.com/photos/woodworks44224

I have sold a few themed ones. If you have unique bookends they seem to sell sporadically. What are some of your ideas if you don't mind sharing. Alphabet and name ones for children are okay but not consistent.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Sorry, Mike! Forgot I posted this question! I was thinking train-engine one end, caboose at the other, dragons, so many other possibilities. There are a couple of "independant" bookstores locally that I was thinking of talking to one about maybe a consignment deal with. One is a childrens bookstore that really seems to do well. Will let you know!

Paul

Comment

Keep us posted. Those are all good ideas. Western themed anything sells well here in Montana as well as outdoors themed items.
        "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
        Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

G'day Paul,
          I make children's book end and actually put a train and Guards Van on them, just like you suggested. They don't fly away, but they do sell. I charge $45. I have made others and occasionally get a custom order for ones with initials.
          Regards
          John
          "The Golden Mile"John Wayne
          Some of my Stuff
          Retired Medically Unfit Police Officers ***.

Comment

Thanks for the input, John! Appreciate both, your and Mike's answers! Going to get going on them soon!

Paul

Comment

Have you thought about doing these? They are called Opposing Forces Bookends and are found in the 2009 Spring; Issue 34 of this magazine (Scrollsaw Woodworking and Crafts). They come out very well.

-Bill
              Attached Files
              -Bill

My saw is a DeWalt788 Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut

Comment

Cool idea, my mind automatically thinks of many, many, opposing forces, HINT!

Sunlion

Mmmm .......... p.s. maybe there is a good challenge subject here for the New Year?
                The Journey Is Everything.

http://www.sunlion-pyrography.co.uk/

My Google+

Comment

Bill sure has a grand idea ......very catch-e ..........
                  Usually busier than a cat in a sandbox !!!!!!!!!!! MB { Dewalt 788 only }

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, Bill! Actually, that was the pattern that gave me the idea for bookends for the bookstores! It is such a cool pattern! You did an excellant job on yours! What do you use on the bottom, felt, cork, or...?

Paul

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X