Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Photos of Bird Ornament Tree (as requested)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photos of Bird Ornament Tree (as requested)

I was asked to post more detailed pics of my bird ornament tree (which my wonderful hub built for me), so here they are. It's great because it doesn't take up much table space but holds a lot of product. Its biggest drawback is transporting it. I usually carry it on my lap and ask Hub to please drive carefully! We can fit our entire display now in our VW Golf, which is just wonderful. No more taking both the truck and the car.

The base of the tree is 12 inches in diameter and Hub used one of the big round Lazy Susans, which are surprisingly inexpensive. I think it was 10 bucks. The vertical portion is not solid wood but made from 1x4s (it's hollow). A cap was made for the top which has a hole in it where I insert the "thingy" that holds the laminated sign, which is just a hunk of wood with a bandsaw kerf. The 1/4" dowels that hold the birds are capped to keep them from falling off. The little bird cards are laminated and stick on with little Velcro squares. I give a card (non-laminated) to the customer with each bird they purchase, which they seem to much appreciate. Nice touch for gift giving.

I think The Good Lord every day for my Hub. He doesn't make intarsia and he doesn't cook but he certainly has his uses!

Lou
    Attached Files
    www.woodbylouise.ca

That is an awesome display.

It's all fun
    Terry
    Craftsman 18"
    Delta 46-460 lathe

https://www.facebook.com/SillyLillyBowsAndMore

Comment

I wondered how that was constructed. Very useful hubby, Lou.

Jan

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X