$1 to $5 items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $1 to $5 items

I've been rethinking what I want to offer at craft shows next year and something I would like to add are some inexpensive items in the 1-5 dollar range. What are some things that might be good in this range? What has been selling for you? Thanks for all your help.

Ray F

You could go with bookmarks, key chains, toys etc. Things you can cut from your scrap bin
    May the wind at you back .....
    Not be from Lunch.

Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive.

Beauty is in the eye of the BEERHOLDER

Visit My Gallery

Oily's Gallery

http://www.picturetrail.com/oily11

Comment

Try and make the items from stacked cuts too this will cut down on labor. Try kids cars and trucks, tops, small puzzles.
      "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
      Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Diana Thompson's mini birdhouse ornaments sell well for me at $10. If I were selling things in the $1 to $5 dollar range - I wouldn't bother - but I guess it can add up if you have a whole lot
        Janette
        www.square-designs.com

Comment

I sell $5 toys along with my $14 boxes and larger items. The toy sales always pay the space rental at least. I am always looking for more ideas of items to offer in this $1 - $5 price range. I saw one guy selling his wood crafted items and along with it he was selling cold water in bottles. Sold a lot of that here in the west Texas summer.
          Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,
          "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

What about letters......people pick the letter of their first or last name.....that a jump ring can be screwed into the wood and then put on a kaychain?
            Might be more than a dollar tho, by the time you buy the attachment to jump it to a key ring.
            But they would be nice.....especially cut out of a hardwood and sanded and finished off nice.
            I'd buy one for a few bucks.

Another cheap item to make might be a picture frame for your best canine friend......
            I have an idea for that in mind......and scrollsaw out the word "dog" and glue it catty corner to the picture frame.....and place the dog's picture inside.
            It might sell for under 10.00. Could be made different sizes and could also do one for cats. I got the idea for that from a picture frame for dogs I bought at Hobby Lobby.
            Last edited by Catlyn; 12-09-2011, 09:16 AM.

Comment

I make a bunch of small wooden tools stack cut. That I sell for $2 each. The kids like to buy them for dad. Book marks are also great.
              I also cut simple 3D animals that I give to the polite kids for free. The brats get squat
              Rolf
              RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
              Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
              Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
              And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Rolf,
                What do you mean by a 3D animal? Compound cut?
                "Still Montana Mike"

Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

The Diana thompson kind of stuff Dolphins, rabits deer, etc.
                  This is a great set of patterns from a different artist for a good price.
                  3-D Scrollsaw Patterns
                  Click on the how to for the 3d stuff it has a great explanation.
                  Rolf
                  RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                  Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                  Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                  And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Thanks I have both of her books, and the patterns from his site as well. I have really become addicted to compound cutting.
                    "Still Montana Mike"

Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

I cut these from 1/8" scrap and make them about 3 (hug) to 4" (laugh) long I cut 5 at a time (stacked) and give them to customers when they buy something or to thier children.... they could easily sale for 1 to 2 dollars....

Its fun to walk up to a total stranger and ask them if anyone has given them a HUG today the hand one to them and walk away.....
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for all the great ideas. I'm going to give some of these a try when my shows start up again in spring.

Ray F

Comment

I sell the gift card holders for $5. I stack cut 6 at a time, and use 2 for one holder. I tell people they can then put the card holder on the tree as an ornament. They can also sign & date it. I sell the angels for $8. I have a tree on the end of my table that can display about 60 items and I use this as a "loss leader". Only thing is they see one card holder then remember they need one for this and that person, and oh yes, how about an angel or two? By the way, I love that bowl over there. By the time they are done the $5 card or $8 angel becomes a $50-$100 sale. And some people only buy one cardholder and we are both just as happy with that sale.
                          Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Bookmarks and ornaments have always done well. Stack cutting keeps labor down and profit up.
                            Kip

Scrollin' with an Ex-21

http://eco-friendly-woodworks.com/

I WAITED patiently for the Lord; And He inclined to me and heard my cry.
                            He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay,
                            And He set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm.
                            He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God;
                            Many will see and fear
                            And will trust in the Lord.
                            Psalm 40:1-3

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X