Craft fair yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craft fair yesterday

Made out ok at yesterdays craft fair in Warren, NJ. Not a lot of foot traffic, but covered all my costs and went home with a couple of hundred in new wood and tool money. Didn't sell any of the baskets or dishes but got a lot of compliments. I don't think it was my pricing just not the right environment for that type of object. Did sell a bunch of trivets, tons of bookmarks, toothpick holders, pads and puzzles, letter openers oven pulls and some ornaments. Completely forgot to display my napkin holders. Oops! Met some very nice people and saw some great crafts by talented folks. My daughter, who helps me at all these events, had a blast and we were both able to pick up a couple of Hanukkah presents for my granddaughter ( her daughter).

Here are a couple of photos of my display (3 - 5 foot tables in a 16 foot space. the center pile is made of boxes covered with a matching tablecloth. Thanks to all who have made display suggestions that work. The bookcase is from my daughter's family room and really works well to show things off.

Yeah...today I start the diet and more trips to the pool during the week.

george

craft show left.jpgcraft show center.jpgcraft show right.jpgcraft show me.jpg
    A day without sawdust is a day without sunshine.
    George

delta 650, hawk G426

Congrats on your sales Dave, nice display of your stuff.

Who is Dave? LOL
    Last edited by wood-n-things; 12-04-2011, 12:09 PM.
    Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Nice variety George. Glad you made costs and then some. I think variety is the key in shows like these.

DW
      Life is hard. It is even harder when you are being stupid.
      John Wayne

Comment

George, I bet you don't wigth more then 180,Your way smaller then me,so may be you need to cut back a little after the new year. But a DIET! no I don't think so. I like your display and your t-shrit

Comment

Nicely done George....BTW what are you getting for your book marks? I only sold 2 at my show for $2.00 each.
          "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
          Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Nice display. Glad you did well. I also enjoy chating with the people. You had a lot more room than I had. What did you have in the shelves on the right?
            Rolf
            RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
            Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
            Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
            And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

OOPS, sorry George, you look like my neighbor Dave.
              Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

WD, I'm glad I look like someone else other than just me. It's always nice to know that you have a doppleganger hanging around.

DW, I agree that variety is the key and I still have to find a way to display my puzzles more attractively and I think a box to stand the note pads in will both make it a more attractive part of the display and make it easier to look through them and pick out a few to buy.

Fireglass, your close enough to win the cigar, but I would love to lose 15 anyway.

Mike, I get $1 each or 6 for $5 and they sell well and give me a profit of between 50 and 60 cents on each one I sell. I stack cut 10 at a time and can lay out between 12 and 15 patterns on a 12" x 12" sheet of 1/32" thick ply.

Rolf, I have my toddler and little kid tray puzzles in two cases that I knocked together. Since I make the base tray all the same size, it is easy to display, transport and store them. Congratulations on your very successful show.

george
                A day without sawdust is a day without sunshine.
                George

delta 650, hawk G426

Comment

Nice Display and good layout of items...which is more than average in woodworking so everyone there is something they might like...personally i only did one show and like you i used a sheet to make it a bit "nicer" looking.....but i only found it a problem as it was not stable enough for my work (intarsia only)....so for next fair i have made a simple standing display that fits on my table.....Chatting to people is fun, encouraging and fun to give and receive tips on some tools...but i prefer they bought my stuff....

Danny
                  Patterns are for sale on my website http://www.intarsia.co.uk

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• jim_mex
                    Reply to Big week here
                    by jim_mex
                    Hi Jim - A nice story regarding your son biting the bullet. Congrats to all!

Re your upcoming retirement. I wasn't really looking forward to mine but to be honest, apart from being home based due to this darn virus, I've gotten accustomed to getting up in the morning and deciding what I...
                    Today, 03:32 PM
                  • Quartz43
                    Reply to New tools
                    by Quartz43
                    You have found out about retirement. Busy, busy and busy. And you need more tools!
                    Today, 03:29 PM
                  • wjbclocks1
                    Reply to Big week here
                    by wjbclocks1
                    Enjoy life, Congrat....
                    Today, 01:30 PM
                  • Jim McDonald
                    Reply to New tools
                    by Jim McDonald
                    Good luck getting ANY of that garden space!
                    Today, 01:24 PM
                  • Jim McDonald
                    Big week here
                    by Jim McDonald
                    Well friends quite a week here on the prairie.
                    Long back story, but our son was adamant we get a fast response COVID test last Saturday, so we could attend an outdoor gathering of his girlfrigirlfriend's family. About an hour into the ATV and dirt bike riding, he got off the 4-wheeler and dropped...
                    Today, 01:20 PM
                  Working...
                  X