Peg Board Display Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peg Board Display Question

OK Dec. 3 is my first crafts show, I am making a peg board display to sit behind the table. I have to make it in 2 4X4 piece's due to hauling in car, My question is any experience on building legs and feet out of 2X4's? I framed the 2 piece's of peg board with 1X2's and have hardware to attach legs. I am curious on how high should the bottom of the display be I was guessing 30". Any advice for me? TY in advance
    Yea I walked through The Valley of Death and I kicked it's ***
    Semper Fi

Make a base that you can clamp to the table top and you won't need legs. Just take along some ballast to add some extra weight to the front of the table just in case there is a tipping issue. If you solve the issue this way your peg board displays will work in every situation so long as you have a table.

The other alternative is to make your legs adjustable by making holes every 1 inch or so, allowing you to move them up or down the peg board display which has corresponding holes in the frame..
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

I HAD home made peg board and 2 x 4 displays. They did work for when I first started out. I have since gone to grid wall. My basic advise is to use carriage bolts and wing nuts so you can disassemble and assemble quickly. Use 2x2 stock as it will help reduce with the weight. I would also HIGHLY recommend you paint the peg board and your frames. A flat or semi gloss black works well.

Remember your display need to highlight your work. Nice work on tacky or ugly displays will not sell.
      Scott
      Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Can't help with that ,But good luck with your show! And post pictures,Thanks. Lance

Comment

OK...this is just one way of doing it...you will probably recieve lots and lots of advise!

Have you already framed out your pegboard? If not, extend the side rails so they create 'legs' and then you can take 2x4's and create an upside down T, clamp together, drill holes in the legs and long rail of the T so you can use carriage bolts to bolt them together. Use the top cross of the T to clamp to the table...I sure hope that makes sense. I attached a quickie diagram. Not to scale, but should give you an idea. You can also run a 6-8' 2x4 across the legs and then clamp the 2x4 to the table, giving you a lot more stability, instead of clamping the bases individually.

On the height, that is up to you...I created mine about 6-8" off the table so the items on the pegboard would not be blocked by what is sitting on the table. Adding shelves/ladders (use a bin and tip upside down) on your table help add appeal too instead of having everything just laying flat and on one layer. Make sure to grab some solid color tablecloths (or inexspensive solid flat sheets) to cover your table(s) to hide the clamps and storage underneath.

Regarding color, I have mine painted black as I have alot of pieces with bright painted dots, and they really stand out. However, I saw where Mike used a nice green and it really makes the wood tones pop...check out this post and you will see what I mean...http://www.scrollsawer.com/forum/scr...side/41794.htm Don't forget to paint front and back, as you never know how they are going to set your display up and such. I found that spray paint works best, as it doesn't plug the holes on the pegboard...warning tho, the pegboard absorbs a lot of paint...it's some thirsty stuff - lol!

I hope my suggestions are helpful!

Good Luck and let us know how it goes...Happy $ale$!!!
          Attached Files
          ~ Kim

A day in my shop is like a day at the beach...full of sunshine and ya never know where the sawdust may end up!

www.gonecoastalart.com

Comment

Thanks everyone for all the great advice. Post pics on Sunday : )
            Yea I walked through The Valley of Death and I kicked it's ***
            Semper Fi

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• cwmagee
              Reply to New PC keyboard has an error
              by cwmagee
              I think it might be a letter that one would need to use the left index finger. Perhaps you need a heavier hammer.
              Today, 05:39 PM
            • jim_mex
              Reply to New tools
              by jim_mex
              Hi Rolf - the unit I bought will also do Tig welding once you buy the optional accessories - torch, nozzles etc: - plus it will do conventional stick welding too. I doubt I'll be heading down the TIG route anytime soon, at least not for the projects I have in mind at the moment.

I did a...
              Today, 05:26 PM
            • Rolf
              Reply to New tools
              by Rolf
              Jim I bought a mig welder the last time I did a frame off restoration on my TVR. I had a few frame cracks. I bought one that used shielding gas. I never really mastered the power vs feed vs moving the torch. Using it only a couple of times a year did not help.
              My dream was to buy a TIG so that...
              Today, 04:32 PM
            • Rolf
              Reply to Big week here
              by Rolf
              Yes you have had a great week.! It is really nice that your son shared this special moment. Regarding retirement, Almost 5 years for me, Never regreted my decision, not for an instant.
              Today, 04:19 PM
            • jim_mex
              New PC keyboard has an error
              by jim_mex
              Partly because I have trouble seeing small letters with my one remaining eye and also because my existing wireless keyboard gave up the ghost a couple of days back I went out this morning and bought a new wired keyboard from our local Oice Depot.

I chose one with really big blue illuminated...
              Today, 03:47 PM
            Working...
            X