Christmas Craft Fair Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Craft Fair Report

Tis the season! Lots of craft fair reports going on and I'm enjoying them all. Here's mine. Just finished a three-day show in Halifax, my fourth time there. It was my best show ever, and I think I have Diana Thompson to thank for that! Her birdhouse and angel ornaments sold extremely well. I took 55 birdhouses and came home with one. I took 32 angels and took four home. My birds also sold well, as did most of the Christmas ornaments. But only a few bigger pieces went and they weren't really "big." The most expensive piece to sell was $95 (JGR fox). I was very fortunate. Although this is a higher end type of show, there were fewer booths than usual and I believe less traffic. Times could be better. But many people here are making an effort to buy local and that's certainly good for us crafters.

Looking forward to hearing more from other folks out there doing shows. And don't forget the pics!

Lou
    Attached Files
    www.woodbylouise.ca

Congrats on such a successful show Lou! I luv your clean, crisp display...very, very proffessional looking!!! A very nice variety of items, and of course very, very high quality!!! I had not seen your birds, that are mounted on the stand with a brass hanger, before...I really like the concept. Thanx so much for sharing.
    ~ Kim

A day in my shop is like a day at the beach...full of sunshine and ya never know where the sawdust may end up!

www.gonecoastalart.com

Comment

Lou that is the color green I was going for mine is more a Christmas green what is the brand and paint code....LOL Your display is looking good!
      "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
      Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Lou,
        Great show! I really like your booth set up. Congrats on a profitable show.

Nancy in AZ
        A clean house is a sign of a broken scroll saw!

Comment

you did a great job setting up your booth..
          everything looked nicely displayed...

Trout
          Hawk G-4 Jetcraft
          Fish are food, not friends!

Comment

Good going, Lou. I'm happy to hear that you did well. Great display.

Jan

Comment

Nice display,Lou. Good to see you back here.Lance

Comment

Nice to hear that you did well. Your display is very well layed out.
                How do you price your Intarsia birds? (If I may ask)
                I have my one and only fair this weekend. We don't get as much space as you do so layout is a real challenge, we may have to go for two tables next year.
                Rolf
                RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

G'day Lou,
                  Excellent looking booth, So glad you did good.
                  Regards
                  John
                  "The Golden Mile"John Wayne
                  Some of my Stuff
                  Retired Medically Unfit Police Officers ***.

Comment

Very nice looking display and products. I love the bird ornaments and display stand. Could you post a closer view of the stand? I need a type of spinning stand for some key chains I'm making.

Thank you.

Karl
                    Karl in Sunny Southwest Florida

Comment

Very nicely done. I can't believe you are selling those bird house. I get lots of great comments but to date I have sold a grand total of 5. I price mine at $10 each or 3 for $25.
                      Scott
                      Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Thanks, everyone, for the kind words. Sorry for the delay in responding. I've had a busier week than I expected, but the last of the Christmas intarsia orders is now finished so the pressure is off.

I'll have to check with Hub about the paint colour/code used for the pegboard displays. I couldn't find any paint cans in the garage. I'm lucky he does all that stuff for me and he does a great job.

Rolf, the birds go for $17 each (I wholesale them at $13). They move pretty well. I haven't done a final count, but I think I sold 60 or 70. I do have a competitor at the same show but he's much pricier than I am and I think mine are equally well made, just a rather different style.

I'm lucky to live near the biggest city in Atlantic Canada and have a pretty good marketplace. The high-end show costs me 600 bucks to get into, but I've done well enough to make it worthwhile. The bigger stuff doesn't move much anymore, though, so I'm aways trying to have lots of items under $20. So many people are either going away for Christmas or their kids are flying home so small gifts are what they want. And many ask "what's new this year," so I was very glad to have the birdhouses and angel ornaments.

I'm enjoying reading all the craft fair reports. Keep them coming!

Lou
                        www.woodbylouise.ca

Comment

Very clean and organized display. Love the green. Your work is incredible.
                          Keith

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• jim_mex
                            Reply to New PC keyboard has an error
                            by jim_mex
                            Hi ibber - LOL!

I took the keyboard back to the store a while back and they hadn't got a replacement in stock. Since I like the look o it I think I am going to play attack it later this evening and try to sort out the problem.
                            ingers crossed
                            Today, 07:35 PM
                          • cwmagee
                            Reply to New PC keyboard has an error
                            by cwmagee
                            I think it might be a letter that one would need to use the left index finger. Perhaps you need a heavier hammer.
                            Today, 05:39 PM
                          • jim_mex
                            Reply to New tools
                            by jim_mex
                            Hi Rolf - the unit I bought will also do Tig welding once you buy the optional accessories - torch, nozzles etc: - plus it will do conventional stick welding too. I doubt I'll be heading down the TIG route anytime soon, at least not for the projects I have in mind at the moment.

I did a...
                            Today, 05:26 PM
                          • Rolf
                            Reply to New tools
                            by Rolf
                            Jim I bought a mig welder the last time I did a frame off restoration on my TVR. I had a few frame cracks. I bought one that used shielding gas. I never really mastered the power vs feed vs moving the torch. Using it only a couple of times a year did not help.
                            My dream was to buy a TIG so that...
                            Today, 04:32 PM
                          • Rolf
                            Reply to Big week here
                            by Rolf
                            Yes you have had a great week.! It is really nice that your son shared this special moment. Regarding retirement, Almost 5 years for me, Never regreted my decision, not for an instant.
                            Today, 04:19 PM
                          Working...
                          X