Craft Show in Golden Valley, all done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craft Show in Golden Valley, all done

Finished up today around 2:30 this afternoon, since the other vendors had packed up and headed for home. There were no customers after noon, so I don't think we lost any sales. LOL

I SOLD THE CLOCK!! WHOO HOO! Guess the buyer had scoped it out yesterday and then brought her hubby and his wallet today. Marshall sure was happy his clock has a new home. Now he's ready to start another one.

Overall, considering the venue, I did okay. I made $125 for the day and a half, with lots of lower end items (except for the clock) selling. Booth rent was only $10, so I'm satisfied. Made a couple new friends and had a good lunch.

Today, 2 rubber band guns, another moose magnet and a couple other things, plus the clock were the only sales.

I swapped my fretwork kitty portrait for a new work apron. It was a good swap for both of us.

Okay, pictures are below. I had a more balanced display yesterday, but forgot to take the darned pictures. I love these PVC panels, easy easy easy for me to set up.

Nancy in AZ
    Attached Files
    A clean house is a sign of a broken scroll saw!

Nancy -- a couple of friends is worth more than the sales. Nice display!
    Mtnman Jim

taking life as it comes and trying to make the best of it

Comment

Well Nanc now that you are attired in a new work (play) apron, there will be no stopping you.
      Wish you could have sold more, but as they say, there's always next time.
      Congrats on what you did sell.
      Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Thanks, guys,

I knew I wouldn't make much $$ or sell a huge amount of items, but I enjoyed it, and that's the main thing. I had a good time.

Next local show should be advertising soon, and is a short distance from home. I will likely sell more toy cars, rubber band guns and magnets there, too. That's okay.

Gotta get out in the shop now and make some sawdust fly.
        My new apron has wolves all over it, it's cool. LOL

Nancy
        Last edited by rippersmom; 11-28-2011, 10:38 AM. Reason: forgot the apron comment

Comment

Well how about sharing a photo of your cool apron, so we can be really jealous. Does it have big pockets to catch most of the sawdust?
          Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

For a small show with a $10 booth fee, I would say you did just dandy! Good lunches and friends aren't to be sneezed at either!

Lou
            www.woodbylouise.ca

Comment

Originally posted by Wood Dog View Post
              Well how about sharing a photo of your cool apron, so we can be really jealous. Does it have big pockets to catch most of the sawdust?
              okay, I'll take a pic and post it, just for you. Have to get a couple chores done first.

Later
              Nancy in AZ

Comment

Originally posted by Lou View Post
                For a small show with a $10 booth fee, I would say you did just dandy! Good lunches and friends aren't to be sneezed at either!

Lou
                Hi Lou,

Heck, for a $10 booth fee, anything over that is gravy, right?? LOL
                It was fun and I'll do it again next year. Folks were still talking about the reindeer and the intarsia fridge magnets they bought last year, so I guess some folks like my work. Makes me feel good to hear it.

Nancy in AZ

Comment

Looks and sounds like a great show & sale. Which clock did you sell as could not see it in your setup?
                  Norman

Comment

Originally posted by north wood clocks View Post
                    Looks and sounds like a great show & sale. Which clock did you sell as could not see it in your setup?
                    Norman
                    Unfortunately, I didn't get the camera out soon enough to capture the clock. The folks who purchased it were there very early and I didn't get a chance. Sorry. It was a nice clock.

Comment

Congrats on a successful show!
                      What the H is a clapapple? LOL
                      Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Nancy, Congrats on the $ale$...for only a $10 booth fee, plus a good lunch, new friends and a sporty new apron...ya can't beat that! It's always nice to make some sales so you can create more sawdust...hope you have an even more successful time at your next outing!
                        ~ Kim

A day in my shop is like a day at the beach...full of sunshine and ya never know where the sawdust may end up!

www.gonecoastalart.com

Comment

Originally posted by lucky788scroller View Post
                          What the H is a clapapple? LOL
                          ROTFLMAO!!! You are the first person to ask about that.

"Clapapple" is a word my dear spouse hollered during a lively game of "Catchphrase", with his brother-in-law as his partner. The word that he was supposed to guess was "applause". When BIL clapped his hands, trying to get the word applause out of him, my hubby kept saying "clap". Then, BIL switched to trying to get him to connect the spelling of "apple" to the word applause. Hence, the new, clever word "Clapapple". tahdah!

We were all in total hysterics (except for my hubby) by the time the buzzer sounded on the game. We liked the new word so well, my SIL and I decided that's what our craft booth should be called.

The guys made the sign and routed the lettering for us. I stained it and SIL painted the apples and lettering.

Nancy in AZ

Comment

Originally posted by lkbraa View Post
                            Nancy, Congrats on the $ale$...for only a $10 booth fee, plus a good lunch, new friends and a sporty new apron...ya can't beat that! It's always nice to make some sales so you can create more sawdust...hope you have an even more successful time at your next outing!
                            Thanks, Kim,

I had a good time. Sporty new apron picture is in a post in the "Off Topic" messages.

Nancy in AZ

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X